News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Contacting 128 contributors regarding licence change

Started by yoshi, September 10, 2008, 10:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yoshi

Inserted by VS - thread needs some sort of beginning

Japanese authors:
Masao Kasuga - Haru
Monatetsu
Nabe
Kikin Sharyo
Haguruma
SHI
kei

Of these eight, at least two give some information in their originals; the words "copyleft" and "no restriction, no copyright" seem to me pretty clear :)

Below line is original yoshi's post

Unfortunately, there is no way to contact these authors, I'm afraid.

Haru, nabe, and SHI are the Japanese forum members, but none of them has logged in recently. For instance, Haru's last login was March...

And the other members are not even the forum members and there is no way to contact them... I can post a message on the Japanese wiki or somewhere, but even if there is a reply like "you can use my work as you want", there is no way to prove that this is really a reply from the author...

VS

Hm, well, too bad.

Could you at least try and get their registration email addresses?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: VS on September 10, 2008, 07:33:33 PM
see document license-state.ods in svn.

Yeah, had to get a plugin to open that here ::) ;D

How complete is that list, btw?

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

z9999

I think these authors listed below are Japanese, too.

rs
Nuno
p.k.d-rail
Hinoto
HIBARI

And iirc, some japanese buses without copyright were made by Monatetsu.

wernieman

It is wonderfull, that much people help to search of the copyright ... but can we do it in a seperatet Thread? ;o)

I start this thread to diskuss the "who is who" in the Team to begin a good work ....
Edit: Beause, the tread was split of
I hope you understand my English

VS

Split, modded, edited...  Why can't I insert new first message :-\

The list is by no means complete. However, it should list most of the important people, so we focus on these first. Then we can extract other nicks/names from the dat files.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

yoshi

Quote from: VS on September 10, 2008, 10:39:48 PM
Hm, well, too bad.

Could you at least try and get their registration email addresses?

Their email addresses are hidden...
Anyway, I will try to contact them by PM. If they turn on the email notificaiton function, they might respond...

And I'm also a Japanese author by the way.

VS

Does anyone know something about Michel Tsui (Evil)? We don't have any contact to him.

I can see on facebook quite a few people under this name, and with filtering through the additional info we could probably spam them all to make sure everything was tried... but that would be pretty desperate move!

IIRC he had something to do with Hongkong.

(He made lots of doubledecker buses)

PatrickN

Have you thought to check the old yahoo group?  His contact information is in this post.  There may be a lot of other people you can find through that group.  This group may also be useful for finding older contributors.

Painter, in and out of retirement.

VS

Wow, how come I forgot about these? Thanks a lot!
* VS wonders how many of these addresses are still valid

PatrickN

I can't promise that they still check them, but normally they have a "bouncing" tag if they no longer respond to yahoo.

Painter, in and out of retirement.

DirrrtyDirk

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

VS

Update - I analysed most of the information available in dat files in copyright fields and currently the Japanese author list is as follows:

*Masao Kasuga - Haru
Monatetsu
*Nabe
Kikin Sharyo
Haguruma
*SHI
*rs
p.k.d-rail
ilike209series
kei
HIBARI
Tetsui Watanabe
rs
Hinoto
Honoto
Tobu
JP
J.Sawabushi

I am told the ones with *stars have still accounts on some forum.

Lieven

So, I have modified a Monatetsu tram for my personal use and I want to know if I can share it with you ?
Europeans addons in project:

Too much ! ;-)