News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

CTD when inspecting other companies depot

Started by rsdworker, December 15, 2009, 02:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsdworker

i played with exp 7.0 with pak 128 so i opened new company so i had two company so i clicked on my other company and a error message appeared and ST had to close because that error

to reproduce

1 - start up game

2 - build depot

3 - create other company (human)

4 - use query tool on other company depot

5 - message appears like one on screenshot

Notes:
(i tested with standard one - its don't produce crash)

um anyone has checked?

{ Please use the "modify" button if you have the last post in a thread and it's been less than 24 hours. Thanks! :-) -Isaac Eiland-Hall }

Isaac Eiland-Hall

The pool of players who use EXP is smaller. Please be patient and someone will surely notice this thread. :)

(For the record, I'm too busy with various paks to try EXP for now, but when I have some time, I'll try it again :) )

jamespetts

RSDWorker,

thank you very much for the report. This is not reproducible in the latest development branch: I think that a fix for Simutrans-Standard was applied some time ago. The problem should therefore be solved in the next release, Simutrans-Experimental 7.1.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

rsdworker

Quote from: jamespetts on December 16, 2009, 12:53:00 AM
RSDWorker,

thank you very much for the report. This is not reproducible in the latest development branch: I think that a fix for Simutrans-Standard was applied some time ago. The problem should therefore be solved in the next release, Simutrans-Experimental 7.1.
ahh great because its was bug in Simutrans-Experimental 7.0 - which will be fixed soon in 7.1

Rodrigo Soracco

Well, I'm playing with other 5 friends the same game, using version 102.2 from October, 17. Running on Linux or Windows, this bug appears when someone inspect another's depot. It acts like a trap :D

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I know the nightlies are heavily disclaimered not to play because they might be unstable, but I rarely have problems with them. Extremely rarely.

Two suggestions, though:

1. I install every version of Simutrans into its own fresh folder

2. If you have saved games you care about, make backups

So, having said that, I personally and unofficially suggest trying the nightlies, which can be found here:
http://simutrans-germany.com/~nightly/simutrans/

(But, of course, it's even-more-than-normal running at your own risk)

Dwachs

Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

rsdworker

Quote from: Dwachs on December 16, 2009, 06:17:41 AM
this bug report pretty much looks like

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=3598.0
yes that report matchs to my report that i discovred but wasn't noticed in Simutrans-Experimental 7.0 meaning that bug wasn't fixed

jamespetts

Thank you all for your feedback. 7.0 was released some time ago, before this bug was fixed in Standard. The fix for Standard has now been incorporated into my development code (available on Github), and will be fixed in the next release of Simutrans-Experimental (7.1), due out soon.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.