News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Wuppertaler Schwebebahn (by Yoshi) - Triebwagen GTW 27 is missing

Started by Ubuntuuser, December 19, 2009, 11:20:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ubuntuuser

Hello,

I'm very pleased about the addon Schwebebahn Wuppertal, because I'm from Wuppertal.

Current I'm using Simutrans 102.2 on the OS Kubuntu Karmic Koala. Among others (e.g. Pak 64, Pak German) I use the Pak 128.

Unfortunately the normal orange railcar (Schwebebahntriebwagen GTW 27) isn't available (at the Depot). So I can only use the GTW 69 and the GTW 85 wagons. The wagon "Sparkasse" shown at addons.simutrans.com is completly not available.

I think the wagon shouldn't be named GTW 27. It should be named GTW 72 (you can read this for example at the wikipedia [de] (this paragraph isn't translated to the English Wiki).

Is the traditional "Kaiserwagen" available (or will it be build in future)?

Whats about the traditional stations?

Another problem: I can't build a bridge. At the floor I get an error message and at the rails nothing happens.

Sincerly Kubuntuuser

MoTw

Your link to a.s.c is broken, this is correct: http://addons.simutrans.com/?pak=128&cat=All&todo=show&id=20

Quote from: Kubuntuuser on December 19, 2009, 11:20:02 AM
Is the traditional "Kaiserwagen" available (or will it be build in future)?

Whats about the traditional stations?
Sincerly Kubuntuuser

Why don't you try and paint them? It's easier than it looks (for me)
world is like a parachute: it works better when it's open
whenever you feel lost and alone, always remember your calculator is something you can count on
pak96.comic addons

Ubuntuuser

I've corrected the link error.

I would do it, if I knew wether it doesn't exist. But I don't know a way to extract the dokuments from a package. So I can't check wether they exist.

This is the list of the objects in vehicle.schwebebahn.pak: ~/Desktop/simutrans/128/simuAddon_Schwebebahn_Wuppertal$ makeobj list vehicle.schwebebahn.pak

Makeobj version 50 for simutrans 102.2 and higher
(c) 2002-2006 V. Meyer , Hj. Malthaner, M. Pristovsek (markus@pristovsek.de)

Contents of file vehicle.schwebebahn.pak (pak version 1001):
type             name
---------------- ------------------------------
vehicle          yoshi_wup196501
vehicle          yoshi_wup196502
vehicle          yoshi_wup196503
vehicle          yoshi_wup196201
vehicle          yoshi_wup196202
vehicle          yoshi_wup196203
vehicle          yoshi_wup1950
vehicle          yoshi_wup1900
vehicle          yoshi_wup01
vehicle          yoshi_wup02
vehicle          yoshi_wup03
WARNING: file or dir vehicle.schwebebahn.pak not found

I think the content should be:
yoshi_wup01-03: GTW 27
yoshi_wup196501-03: GTW 69 or GTW 85
yoshi_wup196201-03: GTW 69 or GTW 85
yoshi_wup1950 / yoshi_wup1900 could be an old vehicle.

This is the list of the objects in way.Schwebebahn.pak:~/Desktop/simutrans/128/simuAddon_Schwebebahn_Wuppertal$ makeobj list way.Schwebebahn.pak

Contents of file way.Schwebebahn.pak (pak version 1001):
type             name
way              Schwebebahn
WARNING: file or dir way.Schwebebahn.pak not found

This is the list of the objects in way.Schwebebahn_p.pak:~/Desktop/simutrans/128/simuAddon_Schwebebahn_Wuppertal$ makeobj list way.Schwebebahn_p.pak

Contents of file way.Schwebebahn_p.pak (pak version 1001):
type             name
way              Schwebebahn_p
WARNING: file or dir way.Schwebebahn_p.pak not found

Tist are only two differnet types of rails. But I've more different types of rails.

Edit:

I've detected, that I had the vehicles and two way types before. After deleting the pakage from the pak 128 folder all vehicles were availeble. The traditional wagon exists. The two ways can be copied to the folder without any comlications. So you have the typical green rails and a cheaper type of grey rails (max speed 60).

I'll try to create old stations. When I get it right, I'll upload it here (I dont know how to upload it at addons.simutrans.com).

But even so I'll say thank you.

DirrrtyDirk

Ok, I'm a little confused...

as far as I remember, everything from that addon was included into pak128 long ago (including ways, elevated ways, bridges and the following vehicles: GTW01, GTW69, GTW85, GTW62, GTW72 ...and actually some more, not based on the Wuppertal originals. Actually the ways were not just added but they replaced the former monorails completely...).

So why use the addon at all with pak128?  ??? Everything's already there... or not?

And given the fact that this addon is already several years old, and has not seen much (any?) activity since then, I doubt that anyone is currently working on any more historic trains or stations. Of course you're free to give it a try yourself. That's actually how these things work around here most of the time.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Ubuntuuser

Everything is working now. I had broken it myself by adding it to my pak 128 folder - not knowing that the "Wuppertaler Schwebebahn" was existing before (I had downloaded the package only a few houres before - so i didn't know this). Only the dokuments way.Schwebebahn.pak and way.Schwebebahn_p.pak weren't there. The original rails are green. So I would prefer them because it should look like the original.

DirrrtyDirk

The colors now used in pak128 are simply the players' colors. So if you choose green as your company color, the pillars would show green as well. I prefer original colors over player colors myself in most cases, but with AI players or at the latest with the coming network mode, some form of color coding for the ownership is certainly a necessary thing to have... and after all it's just paint. Even the original could (theoretically) be repainted one day.

Back to the original topic: do you still have any problem or is this whole issue solved?

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Ubuntuuser

No, my problem is solved like written in my last post. Thank you.