News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Rails signals placed on tracks automatically

Started by Erniii, December 22, 2009, 01:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erniii

Hello

I have a few ideas that could be useful for managing supply lines and construction of large networks

-While building very long rail lines it is very annoying to manually place signals once every few tiles for the trains to move smoothly on a conjested line. Would it be possible to "click and drag" the signals? Just as placing overhead electricity lines I could choose the starting and ending point and the signals would be placed automatically every 2,3 or 4 tiles (distance between signals could be set m,anually in the simuconf.tab)

-I have many hubs in my network next to few different factories which have to be supplied and the finished goods shipped to stores. I can check how many units arrived and how many departed in the station chart. Would it be possible to have a graph that would show how many of each good has been delivered/sent? This would allow to add additional lines to meet the demant and thus to make the factories work constantly.

The above idea would be nice on a global scale. It would be good to know what the total traveled number consists of (how many passangers, mail, certain goods)

Anny comments or ideas?

ET

jamespetts

Ernii,

the first feature that you requested is already present in Simutrans-Experimental.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Erniii

Quote from: jamespetts on December 22, 2009, 02:33:22 PM
Ernii,

the first feature that you requested is already present in Simutrans-Experimental.

So I guess it will be added to a future release?? ;)

I love ST but it eats enough of my time now and I am afraid that simutrans experimental will be too much for me to handle (I'm not IT literate :( )

What about the second request? Would it be hard to develop?