News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

pak.german - Germany.map - Germany anno 1835.sve

Started by Bernd Gabriel, December 23, 2009, 08:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernd Gabriel

Yesterday I downloaded the newest pak.german and found the beautiful maps.

I took one and added the 40 largest cities of germany. http://www.fast-function-factory.de/Download/Deutschland-anno-1835.sve is the result. Combined with the 19 Century pak it probably will be the beginning of my next simulation.

But before I can start, I'll have to add some industries. Of course I will add them at historically correct places.
The journey is the reward!

jamespetts

Bernd,

is this a Simutrans-Experimental save game? If not, perhaps it should be in a different forum. If so - excellent to see people posting Simutrans-Experimental saved games!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Bernd Gabriel

jamespetts

Excellent! I shall look forward to testing that when I get back to a computer on which I can play Simutrans-Experimental. Just to clarify - does your 19th century addon go with Pak.German or Pak64, or either?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Bernd Gabriel

19th Century pak does not depend on any other pak. It works with any 64er pak.

Little preview (the savegame is 8.5 MB, and I haven't started as player, yet!):

jamespetts

Shall look forward to seeing what people do with that! I should like to encourage people to post their Simutrans-Experimental saved games made with this map on this thread so that we can all see what people do with it!

Combuijs

If you had downloaded the maps from http://maps.simutrans.com/ you would have found a remark in a readme.txt file about the water level to be set to 0 before using this map. These are not correct now, as half of the Netherlands is drowning for example.

Maybe you can still correct this before continuing with the factories.

Nice game by the way! Still worth playing.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Bernd Gabriel

Sorry Combuijs, I didn't want to drown you ;)

The map has water level -5. Level -6 makes a smaller Ijssel-/Markermeer, but the East Frisian Islands appear to be huge mountains instead of flat sandbanks.

I should raise the Netherlands...