News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

1.0.1.1-2927 - vehicles leaving their cargo to transfer... to nowhere?

Started by kuba_10, December 27, 2009, 11:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kuba_10

I know it's nightly, but maybe somebody knows - if for example a sawmill accepts wood and produces planks from wood category, some vehicles supplying raw wood will leave raw wood to be taken by the plank-transporting vehicles. The plank-transporting vehicles will leave the wood on their destination station - and it'll stay there forever, marked as a transfer cargo. The same thing is with brewery (glass and beer) and food plant (meat, fish and food). How to deal with this? I think the solution would be to forbid vehicles from loading on certain stations, but I don't see that option...

prissi

This is only done, if there is a connection. If you have a game, where simutrans is calculations wrong routes, you may have found an error. This is only possible, if you provide a sve with game. (like from files.[ simutrans [dot] us (site down, do not visit) ] for instance) and you state your pak version.

But first look under the station detail dialoge. All connections listed there are active; but some of them might belong to convois in depots.

Amelek

problem you are probably facing is probably related to lack of "no transfer goods" function on trains. If you have waiting train on some station (eg wait for 100% load in mine) and there is a possibility of transfer in opposite direction, goods will stack up in middle station.

Image following situation:

M - mine
B - factory

M1 --> B1 <-- M2 --> B2

now, if you have trains transporting from mines (100% wait) to factories and there is a link between M1 and B2, raw goods will stack on B1 as they would need to wait for train from M2 to take them.

You will need to buy additional train from B1 to M2.

prissi - is it possible to implement "this train doesn't take transfer goods" switch? It would be a great help