News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

InGame Help files

Started by Frank, December 30, 2009, 10:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

files for dialogs, info windows and menus 55

airtools.txt - baum_build.txt - citybuilding_build.txt - citylist_filter.txt - citywindow.txt - climates.txt - color.txt - convoi_filter.txt - convoi.txt - convoidetail.txt - convoiinfo.txt - curiosity_build.txt - curiositylist_filter.txt - depot.txt   display.txt - edittools.txt   enlarge_map.txt - factory_build.txt - factorylist_filter.txt - finances.txt - goods_filter.txt - haltlist_filter.txt - haltlist.txt - industry_info.txt - labellist_filter.txt - language.txt - linemanagement.txt - list.txt - load_relief.txt - load.txt - mailbox.txt - mainmenu.txt - map.txt - monorailtools.txt - new_world.txt - options.txt - password.txt - players.txt - privatesign_info.txt - railtools.txt - roadtools.txt - save.txt - scenario.txt - schedule.txt - server.txt - settings.txt - shiptools.txt - signal_spacing.txt - slopetools.txt - sound.txt - special.txt - station_details.txt - station.txt - trafficlight_info.txt - tramtools.txt

other help files 3

general.txt -> index from help
simutrans.txt -> description from Simutrans

window.txt -> description for play game

other files use in languages 6

bridges.txt - sk, cz, uk
inspection_tool.txt - en, pt, es, cz
mouse.txt - nl, pt, cz
removal_tool.txt - en, pt, es, it, ja, cz
signals.txt - nl, cz
underground.txt - de, sv, cz, hr

show Help texts in Browser

Dwachs

old files unused in actual versions 1
keys.txt
I deleted this file at the translator. It is not needed anymore: it will be generated automatically using the definitions from menuconf.tab.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Frank

I think it would be time to update the graphics for the help texts.

Since this date, only possible through direct upload to your server, please make screenshots about the modified window and let me come.

thank you

file name example mailbox.txt.png

[help file name].png

language english

Frank

update the images ( v112.3 ) for convoiinfo and convoidetail

please check the help text

anglababy

Frank

check links in the help

example pt

docs.simutrans.com and pt.simutrans.com

An_dz

Frank

missing help files in many languages

from survey Simutrans Player 2015

from SimuTranslator show Help texts in Browser

DrSuperGood

I made a suggestion for English goods_filter.txt. Not sure if it worked or not (if not then that's am hour down the drain) but it should be more clear than the current English one.

It also raises the issue of the nonsense "% Bonus" value. Someone should modify the game code to show the values in the list as 10 times higher than they are currently shown. This would make more sense to the player than randomly multiplying it by 10 when dealing with the calculation.

prissi

Could you be a bit more specific? You set the speed and get the new income. The problem is, is the new speedbonus is about the realy speed for that leg, so it uses half of the max speed. But what factor of 10 you a referring too?

DrSuperGood

Revenue per unit per tile is calculated with the formula {(base revenue) * (1 + ((average maximum speed) / (speedbonus) - 1) * (% bonus) * 10)}.
(% bonus) is in fraction form (5% -> 0.05).

For some reason % bonus is multiplied by 10. This makes the value of % bonus practically meaningless to a newbie who is unaware of the magic constant. It also makes no sense as the percentage seems to have no meaning (Percent of what? Percent of ten times standard price?).

It would make sense if the displayed percentage was 10 times larger. That would then represent the percentage increase or decrease of revenue per speedbonus amount of average maximum speed.

Ters

When I figured out the speed bonus formula for my profitability calculator, what I got from simvehicle.cc matched what the speed bonus dialog reports. It did take a long time to understand the formula in the code, though, due to the different fixed point representations involved. That was before 7351, so there is a possibility that something went wrong during that refactoring.

DrSuperGood

The game is clearly balanced around this. Without this rouge multiply by 10 most high speed convoys in pak64 will run at a loss and in pak128 will probably barely break even.

prissi

Well, taking the percent sign off would an easy change. I s that your suggestion?

Ters

Quote from: DrSuperGood on December 14, 2015, 07:03:51 AM
The game is clearly balanced around this. Without this rouge multiply by 10 most high speed convoys in pak64 will run at a loss and in pak128 will probably barely break even.

There is an even stranger division later on. The formula you presented is not the whole thing.

uci

I have 2 questions:

1. Is help file 'general.txt' used in game?
2. What help file is for 'Jump to' dialog (shift-J key)?

Also, I revisited 'Game Interface ' english help. I merged with descriptions from 'mainmenu.txt', making this file unnecessary in english.

Dwachs

For jump dialog: jump_frame.txt

uci

Then SimuTranslator should be updated.

Dwachs

uci

I think he means this one:

prissi

Der ursprüngliche Text war "gehe zu" was passt.

Ters

That explains it. It would have surprised me if a such an old window didn't work with German. The original text seems much more like what I would expect in other languages I know. Is it a very unnatural phrase in this context in German?

Frank

Quote from: prissi on March 23, 2018, 12:59:14 PM
Der ursprüngliche Text war "gehe zu" was passt.

But only just so, if you make the buttons on the left wider.

Quote from: Ters on March 23, 2018, 01:56:12 PM
That explains it. It would have surprised me if a such an old window didn't work with German. The original text seems much more like what I would expect in other languages I know. Is it a very unnatural phrase in this context in German?

mh

de.tab ( 28.06.2008 ) from version 100.0

Quote...
Jump to
Zentrieren auf

Is it not possible to determine the length of the title and make the window correspondingly wide?

This also affects the construction menus when few buttons are available.

Ters

I don't like windows that are oversized just to fit the title. This window really only needs to be 9-11 characters wide. In this case, the button makes the title superfluous. The toolbar windows makes more sense to scale to the title, as their contents can be much smaller and lack obvious information about context.