News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

tooltips with short explanation at parameters configuration menu

Started by vilvoh, January 01, 2010, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

At the ES board, we were discussing about the possibility of giving language support to simuconf.tab but as now you can load the parameters and modify them inside the game through this menu..

..we think that would be interesing to have tooltips that instead of showing the max-min values of each parameter, they should contain a short explanation of the parameter. Perhaps they may contain both elements at the same time but I hesitate if there's enough space.

We think this may help to configure the game, to know the sense of each one in case you have to decide if you're going to modify it or not.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

prissi

This is simply the numberinput tooltip. Furhtermore this would add about 250 strings only with explainations people seldomly read (as they not bother to look into simuconf.tab according to my experience, neither the readme.txt).

vilvoh

I see. Then, instead of that, could you consider the translation of the parameters names?

prissi

No, because I want the same names (including spelling errors as in simuconf.tab). Normal users do not need to mess around here or else ...

Tooltips are not completely denied, but I fear they will be not really maintained well.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

vilvoh

Well, we're considering to translate the comments from simuconf.tab but that's a good idea. There're a lot of parameters available, so we should write a short guide at the wiki.