News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Behavior of labels

Started by MHD, January 01, 2010, 05:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MHD

Is it possible to change the behaviou of signs while zooming, i.e. when you zoom out, that the label will shrink in size?

If you use a lot of them, you will get only a big sea of signs without seeing the background...see my screenshot

jonasbb

I would prefer a little changed system.

The labels will stay at one size for zooming out one or two steps and for zooming out more than one or two steps the sign will shrink.

If you zoom out, because you want to see more sign, than it is not helpful if you cannot read the signs. But when the signs not shrink directly you can read all signs.

jamespetts

Is there not already a simple keypress for toggling signs on and off...?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

prissi

Simutrans has static font size. How should such a zooming work?

jonasbb

Maybe with rendering the labes, save it as an image and zoom the image like the grafiks in the game.

VS

...try that yourself and "read" :P

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

MHD

As Jamespetts mentioned, a toggle of signs on/off by keyboard or button would also be a good idea.

By the way, I registered, that the sidebars in the sign listing don't work.

Fabio

labels can be toggled on/off pressing "!" key (shift+1)

MHD

Oh, I see. Thought, it is only the station names. Thanks!