News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Plane Pak

Started by Zeno, September 14, 2008, 04:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeno

Hi guys, I've been painting some new planes for the pak those days, and also fixing some problems on existing ones. By now there are A300, 310, 320, 340 and 380 Airbus models, as well as 707, 727, 737 and 777 Boeing ones. Some of them are in cargo versions and some aren't. I will create new ones to fill gaps I find in the cronology, but btw this is what is available at the moment.
I leave here the paks themselves, so you can enjoy them if you want. They're still not finished at 100% (maybe 80 or 90) but I think they are now much more playable than last version. Actually I can't play without them!

Edit: Updated pak.

Edit: New A380 version 2.0 here

gauthier

Your planes are nice but I remember that you created Concorde, could you join it here ?
(I like much A340 in Air France skin  :P )

DirrrtyDirk

I'd say the engines on the A340 look too big...

And as a German I'm kinda missing Lufthansa - but maybe that'll be part of the Boeing fleet?  ;)

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Zeno

Quote from: gauthier on September 14, 2008, 07:37:21 PM
Your planes are nice but I remember that you created Concorde, could you join it here ?
Needs some remaking, but I'll join it ASAP. Now bonus system is taken from a file instead of the vehicle's speed, isn't it??? If so, I will include it in the pak, because I left it appart to mantain economy balance due to the impact of Concorde's speed in the bonus system.

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on September 14, 2008, 07:49:36 PM
And as a German I'm kinda missing Lufthansa - but maybe that'll be part of the Boeing fleet?  ;)
I'll take a look at that A340 engines... Btw there's also another bug: the 707-320B is four engined instead of twin  :-[
After correcting these engines, I plan to draw some Douglas planes, as well as 757 or 767 from Boeing. I'll make a Lufthansa livery for a one of those.

DirrrtyDirk

707: true - didn't see that either.  :o

One minor issue (for me at least) is that none of these mentioned models are part of Lufthansa fleet IRL. (Well, Lufthansa Cargo uses MD-11Fs) but else it is just A319/320/321, A300-600, A330-300, A340-300/600, B737-300/500 and B747-400,

For LH Cityline there's Avro RJ85 and Bombardier Models CRJ900, CRJ700, CRJ100/200

Oh well... as long as you keep publishing the sources, I might just convert one or two myself.  ;)

Zeno

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on September 14, 2008, 08:52:08 PM
One minor issue (for me at least) is that none of these mentioned models are part of Lufthansa fleet IRL....A330-300...
I heard A330? I think it's in my list (actually I have to draw it ... I think it's the substitute of the A300 when it retires!). Maybe in a couple of days...  ;)

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on September 14, 2008, 07:49:36 PM
Well... IRL they're really huge... You can see some pics in this website. Anyway I'll take some measurements later.

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: Zeno on September 14, 2008, 08:58:08 PM
I heard A330? I think it's in my list (actually I have to draw it ... I think it's the substitute of the A300 when it retires!). Maybe in a couple of days...  ;)
At least it is shown on this list...

Quote from: Zeno on September 14, 2008, 08:58:08 PM

Well... IRL they're really huge... You can see some pics in this website. Anyway I'll take some measurements later.
True. I remembered them smaller (even on the older models they are bigger than I thought - not to mention the 500/600 models...) So they maybe right - just looked really big on first glimpse.

Zeno

Lufthansa operates 14 A330-300. I still have not decided if will draw the 200 or 300 variant. You can see some detail about it at the wikipedia entry.
Anyway, I have an invitation for the brazilian Embraer, and Lufthansa has about 30 orders for the 190 model (see here). They will be flying next year (expected).
I'll write down it by now, and later on this week I'll take a look and decide. Thanks for ur comments!

Zeno

Done first renders for the A380 Freighter with UPS livery. I'll try to get it coded tonight. Here is part of the png (real size).

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Alex. Brose

Big, bigger, biggest.

There will be a reeeeeeally big shadow under the plane. A plane as big as a cloud, hehe.
Nice. =)

Zeno

However, is not a real model. No A380-800F have been ever built, and the 27 orders there where either cancelled or refitted... So we won't see any one flying at least in short term... Well, actually only we will see it... in Simutrans!!!  8)

Zeno

Quote from: gauthier on September 14, 2008, 07:37:21 PM
I might include it in the main pak later on. By now, I've recoded it and now is available at top of the topic ;)

fuzion_051

where can I download this? I can't seem to find it here (what's the file name?).. :-\

vilvoh

Download the rar file attached to the first post, I guess

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

fuzion_051

That's what I did but the planes did not appear, even though I'm not using the timeline.
I

Zeno

You have to extract the three PAK files that are compressed inside the RAR, and put them in your PAK128 folder. I've been testing it yesterday all the day, and worked fine all of them... is strange  ???

fuzion_051

Is the RAR file you're referring to the one you attached here? It's because the RAR file I've downloaded here is an inextractable file (in my case).

vilvoh

Perhaps you don't have the proper program installed to extract rar files (i.e. winrar or unrar) I've just downloaded that RAR file (the one attached to the first post of this topic) and I've been able to extract the pak files from the rar using Winrar.

DirrrtyDirk

Just to make sure: do you have winrar (or another program capable of hadling rar files)? IIRC winzip cannot do this, also the internal windows XP zip file handler won't work...

EDIT: Wow!  :o  vilvoh beat me by 7(!) seconds...

fuzion_051

I see..I haven't got any programs that can handle RAR files. (I only got XP's extractor).
Are there any free RAR extractor programs available online?

vilvoh

I think Winrar is free for private use. You can also try Free RAR Extract Frog

VS

Also PeaZip is quite handy, even if you use it only once a lifetime.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

DirrrtyDirk

Back to the planes themselves :) - and another issue of scale  :(...

Your Boeing 777 appears to be too small. In real life the 777 is quite a bit bigger than the A300 (wingspan +15/20m and length +9/19m - depending on model) - while your Boeing looks smaller than that Airbus (at least the DHL-Post version) in the depot...

Also compared to the A380, the 777 is too small (the -200 versions are less than 10m shorter and the -300/-300ER versions are even about 1.5m longer than the A380-800.)

And the A380 is now correctly aligned on N/S - but E/W is still off.

wernieman

When you will unpack rar, you can use 7zip ...
http://www.7-zip.org/

And this IS free  ;D
I hope you understand my English

Zeno

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on September 16, 2008, 11:28:08 AM
Your Boeing 777 appears to be too small. In real life the 777 is quite a bit bigger than the A300 (wingspan +15/20m and length +9/19m - depending on model) - while your Boeing looks smaller than that Airbus (at least the DHL-Post version) in the depot...
The 777 is off-scaled... I rescaled it taking a look to a blueprint as backimage, and it seems that that blueprint is not correct, because the 777 fuselage is 6.19 m width, about 1.6 m. more than all the airbuses. By length it should be exactly as long as the A340; actually, 10cm longer ;)
I'll have to take a look at it  :-[

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on September 16, 2008, 11:28:08 AM
And the A380 is now correctly aligned on N/S - but E/W is still off.
I did last changes (just in E/W alignment) yesterday evening... when did you looked at it last time?

Thank you very much for the details!

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: Zeno on September 16, 2008, 12:53:14 PM
I did last changes (just in E/W alignment) yesterday evening... when did you looked at it last time?

Just before I wrote that post - and I had just downloaded it before.

Quote from: Zeno
Thank you very much for the details!

No problem - just trying to improve your already very good work!

BTW - once you are done, could you maybe create a set of sources all in plain white - so I could maybe add some more liveries in the future?

Zeno

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on September 16, 2008, 01:11:48 PM
Just before I wrote that post - and I had just downloaded it before.
>:( I'll take a look at it ASAP!!

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on September 16, 2008, 01:11:48 PM
BTW - once you are done, could you maybe create a set of sources all in plain white - so I could maybe add some more liveries in the future?
Maybe... but it depends of how much work it will need. Not before I finish with all of them for sure, but maybe later on ::)

DirrrtyDirk

No hurry at all - as I said "once you are done". May even take months as far as I care - just one day would be cool.

Mac_#71

Ah, are fantastic!  8)
You have done a really good job, congratulations! ;)
You also have placed your previous PlanePakA.  ;D
But the "Concorde" is not a bit too expensive? :-\
La supposizione è la madre di TUUUTTE le stronzate...
Ricordatevelo!

The assumption is the mother of ALL the **** ...
Remember!

Zeno

Quote from: Mac_#71 on September 16, 2008, 08:42:56 PM
Ah, are fantastic!  8)
You have done a really good job, congratulations! ;)
You also have placed your previous PlanePakA.  ;D
But the "Concorde" is not a bit too expensive? :-\
Thanks! The Concorde has doubled price and running cost, I might re-balance it. Anyway, I plan to do a total re-make of all the planes (including concorde), with full and precise rescale, maybe during this and next week.

aeroplanes

wow, who created this? great job, but can't find the file to download

aeroplanes

guys, you know, actually the A380 has lots of defects and not suitable for flying

Zeno

Well, it's not perfect, but does the job for me...

aeroplanes

ya, it is good to use in Simutrans, but in real life, i am not longing to take it

Zeno

Actually there are 8 of them flying... with Emirates Airlines, Qantas & Singapore Airlines... and I haven't heard of any accident ::)

aeroplanes

ya, no accident yet, but i think there will be some 'sufferings' to the plane, due to defects of fuel pump and so on, so may be dangerous, may be safe, but i know the CX cut all her orders, i think :)

DirrrtyDirk

There were some problems during production - should be solved by now. And everything as complex as such an airplane (even other new aircraft) go through a more or less troublesome childhood. The A380 is neither the first, not the last, and also not the worst - it just got more attention then all the others. And by the time it gets all the permissions required to get into line service, it's as safe as other planes were / are in that stage of their life.

And for the file: in the very first post there's a .rar file linked.

aeroplanes

are u a real pilot or a person who studies about aeroplanes like me? you seems to know a lot of things....

and coz i am using windows vista, can't open the .rar files, do u have the file in .pak format that you can send me pls?

DirrrtyDirk

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=422.msg3217#msg3217 and the following posts show several programs that can handle .rar files.

aeroplanes

i don't understand a thing at all, can u explain it for me? hehe?

DirrrtyDirk

.rar files need a program that can unpack them. And right here in this thread, there were several of them listed. So just read these posts, download one of these programs and then you can open .rar files yourself.

aeroplanes

thx for the advice, i never knew this

aeroplanes

DirrrtyDirk

Yes, he is (at least as far as I know) - but please do not double post (you have done that twice in this thread already)! You can edit your posts to add something you forgot earlier.

aeroplanes

hey DirrrtyDirk, how do i covert it to pak file? there are only to .zip, .7z, etc.

aeroplanes

DirrrtyDirk

Convert what?

Just open the .rar file with winrar or 7-zip or such and there are .pak files inside. There is nothing to convert.

... and for saying that you're sorry you just add the 3rd double post???  >:(

aeroplanes

so i just add the .rar file, and there are the files?

and wt the hell is that double and 3rd post? i don't understand

how do u do it?
can u actually send the the pak files to me via my email pls?

DirrrtyDirk

Double posting (also see here) is when you open up a new post (instead of editing your last post), while your previous post is actually still the latest in the thread. It is (or at least used to be) against forum rules to do that when less than (I think) 24 hours have passed.

And for the last time:
1. you download the .rar file
2. you download one of the tools that can handle .rar files (winrar or 7-zip). (rar is similar to zip or lzh - just another format.)
3. you install this tool
4. you open the .rar file by using one of these tools, and then you will see that inside there are three .pak files.
5. extract these .pak files from the .rar file (with one of the tools)
6. Copy or move the extracted .pak files to your pak128 folder.

aeroplanes

to DirrrtyDirk: got it, but can't see it in the game? it is in the pak, why?

DirrrtyDirk

Did you copy the 3 pak files (e.g. vehicles.ZenoPlanePakA.pak) to the pak128 folder - so that you can now see it there? Did you restart Simutrans aftwerwards?

And are you playing with timeline on or off? If it's on, maybe you are still too early in time to see them in the airport's hangar.

Can't think of much else right now - and it's impossible to tell from here for sure.

aeroplanes

when is the intro. date?

PatrickN

You shouldn't expect a jumbo jet to be available in the 1930s or 1940s, but if you want it you can turn the time line off.  That might be a good idea if only to test it and make sure it is working properly.

Painter, in and out of retirement.

aeroplanes

how do you turn it off?

PatrickN

There is an option in the opening New Map window.

Painter, in and out of retirement.

aeroplanes

so i create a new map to test?

Mac_#71

I was thinking ... given that there are C-130 cargo type crates why not do a KC-10 cargo type ethanol, gasoline, chemicals ...?
Ricordatevelo!

Remember!

Zeno

Quote from: Mac_#71 on September 30, 2008, 01:17:01 PM
... why not do a KC-10 cargo type ethanol, gasoline, chemicals ...?
I think this was discussed in the old forum. Anyway, I decided not to draw it, since AFAIK IRL there isn't any commercial air-transport of dangerous goods (only militar ones). It's safer to transport it by ship, you know ;)

DirrrtyDirk

Not just safer, also much cheaper. I don't even want to think about fuel prices that would include air transport... And the military will also use ships (or trains, trucks, pipelines, etc.) for large-scale transports (instead of aircraft) whenever possible. And by the way, those air-tankers primary job is to refuel combat aircraft while in the air. They are rarely (if ever) used to transport fuel from one place to another.

Mac_#71

Ricordatevelo!

Remember!

ariarinen

Quote from: aeroplanes on September 23, 2008, 03:30:34 PM
ya, no accident yet, but i think there will be some 'sufferings' to the plane, due to defects of fuel pump and so on, so may be dangerous, may be safe, but i know the CX cut all her orders, i think :)
Every plane has that problem now and then, the A380 has had the lest defects of any new plane to date.   

And the A330 are the replacement for the old A310 but a lot bigger and has better range. I think that you should go with the -300 its more used. As the first Airbus A300 was short/medium range wb. 

How about the Airbus A321 and Boeing 737-900 as 757/727 replacement? 

The MD-11 should fly under Finnair livery after all they did get them first  8)

Cheap short range turboprops would be fun as they cost a lot less to operate then jets, ATR-42/72 and Dash-400 and Saab 2000 (fast) would be nice.   

How about next gen planes like A350, 787 long, C-series, MRJ regional?

Václav

I downloaded new version of Airbus A380 some time ago and I have one small comment to that: it seems too small in comparison with Haru's Boeing 747 Jumbo Jet (and it is truth A380 is much bigger than B747 Jumbo Jet) - it is in need to change size of that. But else it looks very good.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Zeno

If I make it bigger it will need extra-width runways ;)

Václav

I don't think extra-width runways will be needed if B747 can use currently available ones - but you are right. New runways are needed. Latest ones looks good but they could look better (any BTW: I am not sure with width of width of currently available ones).

DirrrtyDirk

New runways (among other airport stuff) are about 99% done. Patience my friends, patience!  8)

Václav

Quote from: Zeno on October 13, 2008, 09:10:40 AM
If I make it bigger it will need extra-width runways ;)

Yes. It is OK. Your planes are well sized - what I said was related to else pak of A380 planes, not yours (by Nabe, I found it on http://japanese.simutrans.com/index.php?Addon128%2FAircrafts).

But else ?bug is in your pak - you set two post freight planes (one is within group of passengers and next is within group of freight planes - I think there crate goods freight plane could be instead it - or not ??)

and what is in screenshot is looking odd - when plane is going in direction from left top to right bottom, then plane is bit out of runway - but it is problem of all planes, not only yours.

Alex. Brose

Isn't it possible to align the plane by using offset?

Zeno

Quote from: Alex. Brose on October 21, 2008, 09:21:47 AM
Isn't it possible to align the plane by using offset?
Last time I used them they appeared to be well aligned...  ??? They currently are aligned using offset (is the only way due to its size!). Have you tried to download the pak recently? I updated several times (long time ago) and corrected some alignment issues. At the top of the post is the latest version attached.

vilvoh

Perhaps VaclavMacurek is using a nightly. This kind of things sometimes happens with nightlies. Something worked and was well aligned when you tested it in the stable but it's wrong when you test it with the latest nightly.

prissi

Well, the offset did not work properly (at least for x) until some nightly about three month ago.

maister

QuoteNew runways (among other airport stuff) are about 99% done. Patience my friends, patience!
@DirrrtyDirk; No joke ?? *thats really good news* How is the status now?

@Zeno
Also would be very nice is a privat Aircraft for 6-10 Pax (passengers) like the Learjet 60 VistaJet.
You will find all datas for it on Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learjet_60
(for the gameplay the running-costs must be very low to be profitable)
" border="0 (swiss) *pak 128*

DirrrtyDirk

Nope, no joke. I'm serious. But I haven't worked on it since... so status hasn't changed.

ariarinen

Quote from: maister on November 02, 2008, 11:48:20 AM
@DirrrtyDirk; No joke ?? *thats really good news* How is the status now?

@Zeno
Also would be very nice is a privat Aircraft for 6-10 Pax (passengers) like the Learjet 60 VistaJet.
You will find all datas for it on Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learjet_60
(for the gameplay the running-costs must be very low to be profitable)
I like that private jet would be good for some routes, I think the hawker 800 looks nicer 

maister

@ariarinen; For me it is also ok.  :D  I need any privat jet for develop my airports with a section for small aircrafts. (only for the optical value of my big sandbox for adults)  ;D

@DirrrtyDirk; Oh, come on, only 1% left !!!!  ;) After I would post some very nice screenshots of airports, in devotement to you !  ;D

ariarinen

Quote from: maister on November 02, 2008, 05:20:28 PM
@ariarinen; For me it is also ok.  :D  I need any privat jet for develop my airports with a section for small aircrafts. (only for the optical value of my big sandbox for adults)  ;D
me two and to connect low density routs to my A380 hub, it would also be good for mail   

DirrrtyDirk

Yes... but a) I only work on ST if I feel like it, b) the last 1% is the most complicated and c) since this adds exactly zero functionailty but is only a graphic update instead, I don't feel any urgency.

Combuijs

Quotethe last 1% is the most complicated

Yeah, the last 1% usually takes 50% of the time ;).
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

maister

Ok, that is a clear statement; it`s done when it`s done...
How is the status now?  ;D  ;)

DirrrtyDirk

maister

QuoteAnnoyed?
No, why? It`s only like Christmas with a unknown date  ::) maybe a little bit nasty ;)

DirrrtyDirk

I didn't mean to ask if you were annoyed. Maybe I should have written "Don't know. Maybe annoyed?" as reference to the status, instead. Because I am starting to get annoyed by this pestering.  >:(

VS

Perhaps I should mention I have the files and can do the last 1%, too. Only I have more to do before I get to that.

(Now the load should reduce by 50% ;D )

DirrrtyDirk

Well, you have the files for the taxiways, but not for the runways.  ;)

maister

@DirrrtyDirk
You know.. very importent personens would be always badger.  :D
Maybe you need some bodyguard!  :police:

But now.. back to work....  ::)

And I would not disturb you again, i promise (in this case)  ;)

ariarinen

I think that the 777-F would be good big freighter to have as it should be cheaper to run then the 4 engine A380. 

Zeno

Quote from: ariarinen on December 29, 2008, 05:15:30 PM
I think that the 777-F would be good big freighter to have as it should be cheaper to run then the 4 engine A380. 
Yes, quite cheaper but smaller... I might draw a freighter version when I get back to the planes (hope soon).

ariarinen

Quote from: Zeno on January 07, 2009, 03:34:07 PM
Yes, quite cheaper but smaller... I might draw a freighter version when I get back to the planes (hope soon).
Yes it gets a bit smaller but good replacement for the A300/310's. But there is already a 787F that could do the job as well so maybe its not so important. Maybe smaller planes are better right now when there is just a few of them, maybe a RJ like E-170/190 or CRJ-900 or Superjet 100, Saab 2000. A330 and A350 would also be nice to have. 

Zeno

After a long time I've decided to work in planes again. I've been thinking on it, and decided to make it step-by-step. I'll be working at it for the next weeks, but it will take me some weeks to finish this, as I have tons of work here and there. So I'll release version 2.0 for all planes in my PlanePak.

Btw, I've decided to begin with the A380 models. I've made a re-paint on them, basically repairing some rebel pixels, adding night and other lights, and adapting the liveries. Also did some realignment work. Now liveries are in player colors, but with the original schemas: Singapore Airlines for passenger service, UPS livery for post and goods services, and my custom livery for cooled goods service. I hope you like and enjoy them :)

PS: Here you have some in-game captures.

[attachment deleted by admin]

jamespetts

Looking very nice! Any chance of an opensource release? ;-)
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Zeno

Quote from: jamespetts on January 25, 2009, 04:52:10 PM
Any chance of an opensource release? ;-)
100% chance they will, don't care, but when appropiate. There's still a lot of work on these. :)

jamespetts

Excellent! There's no harm in releasing opensource before they're fully finished, of course... ;-)
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.