News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Signs around the world

Started by DirrrtyDirk, January 10, 2010, 12:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirrrtyDirk

Similar to those all sides stop sign crossings you have in the US, maybe... but at least here in Germany these don't exist.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Called a "four-way stop" here. And sometimes they put little signed under the STOP sign that say "4 WAY". I think I would find them cute if I wasn't used to them. :)

Actually, I'll find a picture:

So what happens in Germany? Is there just always one direction that doesn't have to stop?

I love learning about all the variations of this stuff around the world! :D

DirrrtyDirk

Exactly. When one road here has a "stop" (or "yield") sign, the other always has "Vorfahrt" (=priority) signs (see here) so you don't have to stop there ever. Either that, or no signs at all, in which case the "Rechts vor links" or Priority to the right rule is used. Or of course traffic lights...

mobo

Yeah and the ortography got changed a bit some years ago, so now its Stopp in german, i've already seen STOPP signs here, don't know whether they've changed them all already.

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: mobo on January 10, 2010, 12:21:47 PM
don't know whether they've changed them all already.

No, they haven't... as I don't remember ever seeing one. So there must be plenty "STOP" left...  ;)

skreyola

I'd love to see a side-street (2-way) stop sign that leaves one street like normal and makes traffic on the intersecting street(s) wait if something on the main road is approaching or in the intersection.
--Skreyola
You can also help translate for your language with SimuTranslator.

Hagablabah

I have a 6 stop sign intersection where I live. Instead of 4 Way it says "All Way"

werl

Near where I live the stop sighs have it in both french and English. English on top.
C:\dos
C:\dos\run
run\dos\run