News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Alex' Graphic Factory

Started by Alex. Brose, September 15, 2008, 06:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex. Brose

A modern skyscraper.  :)

Alex. Brose

Less polarising but still modern (for the 80s, though).  ;D

Alex. Brose

Sunset Highrise Appartements.  8)

gauthier

Your buildings are beautiful, they would be nice in pak128  :D
pak96 comic must be nice with all your buildings  ;)

Alex. Brose

Thank you, gauthier.  :)

Well, you'll see while trying the next version of pak96.comic. Don't know when it's coming but i will come soon, hehe.

I have a new city building. There are still no special colors und no winter version; i will include it after work. But you can get an insight, though.  :D

Alex. Brose

Well, the graphic factory was diligent. ;D Here's an office building for 2000+.
Hope u like the architecture. The master bulding can be found in Frankfurt am Main, Germany.

Alex. Brose

The latest artworks.  ;D

gauthier

I love the third one !
eeer ... Can I reproduce them for pak128 ?  ;D

Alex. Brose

Of course you can.  :)

Don't forget to transfer € 500.000,- on my swiss bank account. *lol*

VS

Yes, and your account number and PIN is? ;)

If I may ask, how exactly do you do the dots around solid lines? I mean, how do you decide where should they go? For the "straight" lines it's of course easy, but eg. the small houses have enhanced the woodem beams the same way...

Also - did you sample colours for windows on the left high-rise from real photos? Otr how do you come up with colors in general?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Alex. Brose

Quote from: VS on September 20, 2008, 08:45:10 PM
If I may ask, how exactly do you do the dots around solid lines? I mean, how do you decide where should they go? For the "straight" lines it's of course easy, but eg. the small houses have enhanced the woodem beams the same way...
Also - did you sample colours for windows on the left high-rise from real photos? Otr how do you come up with colors in general?

Well... It's simple to decide where to do the dots around solid lines. I avoid "lonely dots" of lines. That means i round hard lines. You can call it antialaiasing, hehe. With this procedure you can draw between (!) the dots. ...I hope, my answer is the answer you want wo read. :/
The colors: The most colors are from existing graphics i've made in the last time for pak96.comic. It's much easier than picking new colors from photos or something like that.
But i study real buildings (the left highrise doesn't exist in real life), though. In the reality there are less colors in the skylines. For games like ST you need much more of them.

VS

Thanks! I did not know what answer is correct, so I'll take any :) In the end, it is astonishingly simple, just as everything...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Alex. Brose

;D ;D

I could create an "extended" pixel tutorial for high quality graphics.
Including all tricks of alex. ;)

But only if somebody want.

gauthier

QuoteI could create an "extended" pixel tutorial for high quality graphics.

I'm making the same thing in a object making tutorial in french. I'm interested in your "tricks" to enrich my tutorial.
=> http://snfos.centauria-lane.fr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15&Itemid=25

Alex. Brose

Nice. :-)

I'll make a trick list in the next days. With pictures to understand those tricks. I'm sure you can inlucde them.

VS

Thanks, at last a tutorial created with Simutrans in mind!

Alex. Brose

Three new (aged, though) buildings.  8)

Qayyum

Bravo! Bravo! I love your graphics. It's so eye-popping! :o

Like your work, man. 8)

I almost forgot. Do you paint industries, like power plant? If you not, I can take the job. ;D
ALLMYCONTENTISPUBLICDOMAINBUTNOEXPLOITATION

Simutrans - the open source Transport Tycoon Deluxe clone.

Alex. Brose

Thank you!

Sure, u can take the job if you want. If have to do a lot other things. :-)

Alex. Brose

Some new buildings.  :)
Rightmost: Old townhall.

gauthier

I prefer high buildings but houses are very nice   ;)

Alex. Brose

I think currently there are enough high buildings in pak96.comic.
At the moment i'm working on new station modules, tram tracks, overhead lines and some other stuff. But new skyscrapers and residential highrises will come, be sure.  :D

gauthier

During math lessons, I draw those buildings.
1st = commercial
2nd = commercial too
3rd = residential
4th = industrial
5th = residential

Alex. Brose

Nice, hehe.
You know what you have to do, right? Please draw them again - for 96c!  ;D

Once in school i only drawed cars. Cars, cars and cars. And only self-designed.  :D
The following old drawing from me was printed in a car magazine in germany. But no car manufacturer contacted me.  :-\ ;D

My last drawing i've done is from januar 2007 and was made by using adobe fireworks.

gauthier

QuotePlease draw them again - for 96c!  Grin
Sorry I'm a pak128 player, I prefer big size  :D

Your cars are nice  ;)

vilvoh

In Simutrans, you know, size doesn't matters..... ::)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Qayyum

Wow man! You beat me at drawing ;D. I don't draw cars often because I tend to make cars like 80s, which for me is easier to draw because it's blocky, unlike newer cars.
ALLMYCONTENTISPUBLICDOMAINBUTNOEXPLOITATION

Simutrans - the open source Transport Tycoon Deluxe clone.

Alex. Brose

I've made tram rails and overhead lines. Hope you like them. :)

sojo

"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

prissi

Why not directly linking to the same image on the german forum?

Alex. Brose

Alex. Brose

I am working on a city roadbridge.  :)

Alex. Brose

Another roadbridge is in progress.  ;D

Alex. Brose

Update!

I've to define Front- & BackImage currently. The winter version is in progress, too. I'll paint the bridge in another color soon.
Any ideas or questions?  :)