News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Thanks from a Father of Two

Started by DadOfCAndE, January 13, 2010, 07:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DadOfCAndE

Hello to everyone,

I am a father of 6.5 and 5 year old boys.  I recently set up an Ubuntu machine (not regularly connected to the internet) for them and we found Simutrans during this past Christmas Holiday.  My older son is hooked, really hooked, so much so the younger hasn't ever gotten a chance to play.  And having played SimCity since it came in a white 8x10 box and all three Railroad Tycoon games during my youth -- well, it nearly goes without saying that I'm hooked also.  I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to find a game like this for my young boys.  I love the problem solving of simulation games for them -- they get great joy from the timber truck making a delivery to the paper mill -- really using that brain for something new.  Just the fact that it works and they set it up themselves brings them running to show mommy and daddy ("I built a BULLET TRAIN!").  And, as a father, I can see that they have a lot of depth with this game to explore and learn with much trial, error, and success ahead of them.  It is so wonderful -- no violence, some "real worldishness", and such intensity on their faces -- thank you so much!!

As a programmer since middle school (I wrote a pretty mean Basic on my Atari 800) I'm now up to about 25 years as a software developer, and I know a product which is cared for when I see it.  I appreciate the craftsmanship and detail you all have put into this game.  Thank you so very much from myself, Christopher, and Elison!!  We look forward to whatever is next!!

Dwachs

Thank you for your kind words :) My two boys (4 years old) have also great fun watching simutrans (the TRAINS!). I wonder that your boys at such a young age already play with this program  :o
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.