News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Ships for Pak128

Started by Zeno, January 24, 2010, 05:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeno

Thanks VS. I've found some of them using lumber/timber as search strings:

The Irish Rowan, see it here.
The MV Artic Sea (small one), here.
And the Ice Prince, this one.

I'll decide later on which of them is the winner ;D

vilvoh

My vote is for MV Artic Sea. I love the cranes that has on deck.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Zeno

Ok folks, after a boring sunday, there's a new ship for the pak ;D

This is the MV New Zealand Star, a refrigerated cargo vessel built in 1967 and broken up in 1993. It can be used to fill the timeline gap of the second half of 20th century.
You can see some previews and data at my blog: MV New Zealand Star article.

VS

You're really back! :D Re ship, great as always.

Here's what I liked from older periods... it's amazing how hard it is to learn about something OLD.
schooner #1
schooner #2
steamer

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Zeno

Sorry, can't see the last link; it looks like broken or somewhat happened with it... btw these are quite old, it will take me a while to get to these ones, as 1900-1950 and 1950-2000 are the two main gaps in which I divided the needed timeline. Once done, I'll get to older ships :)

You should also take a look to this one, I bet you like it: The Zoroaster; it was supposed to be the first oil tanker in the world. But it looks strange to me such an earlier steamer (~1870) ...  >:/

Back to the lumber carriers...
Quote from: vilvoh on June 20, 2010, 08:21:41 PM
My vote is for MV Artic Sea. I love the cranes that has on deck.
Just found a couple of nice images here, the images on the middle (the clickable ones, which are larger). These are great pics, and show the cranes that vilvoh noted... they're really nice! ;)
I'll make a version for this ship, but probably bigger than the real one (it's only 97 meters long).

VS

Hmmm.... I just wanted to illustrate that old ships for wood look like ships with some wood on them :P

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Zeno

Oh sure, thanks anyway :P
Actually that's what I did with the steel hauler Edmund Fitzgerald, just filled gaps with steel bars ans planks...
But as always I like to have a real vehicle to use as inspiration ;)

Zeno

Hi back, there's a new ship for the pak! This time is a tanker for the 1959+ timeline gap, named Nordic Heron and able to carry up to 650 m³ of petrol.
As usual, you can take a look to the ship's article at my blog.

Zeno

Back with a new ship. It's the Owari Maru, a newly built japanese bulk carrier (2007).
You can see pics & info in the here in my blog. Hope you like it :)

VS

Is she completely new? ;) I think there are a few differences from your old version...

Zeno

Yep, it's an old design I had, which has been completely re-textured, and resized to fit the pak scale... you never miss a detail! ;)

DirrrtyDirk

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Zeno

Thanks DirrrtyDirk and everybody else for you praises. I'm glad you all like the ships :)

Btw, I'd better write the current timeline/set status. I'll divide it by goods category:

Piece goods:

Ship NameIntro YearRetire YearStatus
RVg Merchant Ship18121905Existent
Willamette Chief18701920Finished
Black Osprey19181958Finished
Patagonia19511991Finished
Stoyko Peev1985-Finished
Emma Maersk2006-60%

Oil:

British Premier1922-Finished
Nordic Heron1958-Finished
Batillus1976-60%
Knock Nevis1981-60%

Steel:

Black Osprey19181958Finished
Edmund Fitzgerald1958-Finished

Cooled Goods:

MHz Fish Trawler (fishing boat)19251964Existent
Nororn (fishing boat)1964-Finished
New Zealand Star (cooled cargo)1967-Finished

Bulk:

Eaglescliffe Hall19281961Finished
Lake Illawarra19581982Finished
MV Fedra1982-Finished
Owari Maru2007-Finished

Lumber:

Eaglescliffe Hall (refitted)19281961Finished
Edmund Fitzgerald (refitted)1958-Finished

Farm products:

Willamette Chief (sacks, refitted)18701920Finished
Black Osprey (sacks, refitted)19181958Finished
Lake Illawarra (bulk grain, refitted)1958-Finished
Patagonia (sacks, refitted)1951-Finished

Milk:

Maraki??0%

Passengers:

Rvg Passenger Sailing Ship (ferry)18331901Existent
Willamette Chief (ferry)18701904Finished
Freya (ferry)19041949Finished
MV Balmoral (ferry)1949-Finished
RMS Baltic (ocean liner)19041933Finished

So, if I missed something, please warn me!
After the briefing, these are the most urgent gaps I need to fill:

• One ocean liner, for the timeline gap after 1933
  • A ships/barges for lumber transport, for aprox. era between 1920 and 1960
  • A bulker for the gap before 1958
  • A bulker for the 1982-2007 gap
  • An old fishing ship for the gap before 1964 - Could we use MHz's existing one?
  • An early tanker, for the gap before 1958

Oppinions, suggestions, etc. are welcome :)

Edit:

Other ships that may be needed (but not so badly):

• A couple more ocean liners for the most modern era
  • A ship/barge for lumber transport before 1928
  • A bulker for the gap before 1928[/s]
  • An even older fishing ship for the 1870 era

VS

Zeno

Thanks, VS. They are probably too modern for my needs, but I'll see for additional ships. For the modern bulker I've already decided to paint the spanish MV Fedra. Guess why...

Edit: The whole process!

VS

No need to do these if you found your own! And I thought you'd give us a video of you modelling the ship :P

edit: Golden find :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunedin_%28ship%29

Zeno

Wow, nice finding! Link saved ;)

Btw, the MV Fedra is ready! See article, videos and pictures at my blog. Hope you also like it!!

Zeno

Two new ships added to the repo. The early tanker (British Premier) and the early bulker (Eaglescliffe Hall), which has also a lumber version. You can see the articles at my blog:

With these two ships and all the versions (reffited ships) we have an acceptable timeline for all cargo ships, from 1920s to the end of the game. Now the most needed are ocean liners, specially modern ones, and later on some ships for the gaps between 1870 and 1920.

sdog

When looking at your ship pack, i suspect a conspiracy between you and Prissi:

There's no denying, the both of you are about to introduce disasters and catastrophes into the game! Just look at those ships, most of them sunk, some taking whole bridges with them.

Zeno

Quote from: sdog on June 27, 2010, 06:11:32 PM
Just look at those ships, most of them sunk, some taking whole bridges with them.
No, no way. But you have to consider that ships that sunk or collided with bridges are the most popular, and obviously is easier to find information and websites talking about them.

I'll paint now a couple of ocean liners to finish the passenger timeline. I promise there will be no Titanic! ;)

FoxHole

Please someone provide me to the links where i can download this ships... Are the compressed as a single file? Cant wait to see this ship sailing....Thanks.

Please include the download link for the Big Mama - the Emma Maersk. Thank you. :D

Zeno

I'm sorry there aren't any links yet. The set is under development, but it will be finished soon. Keep an eye over the nightly :)

FoxHole

Ok, thanks, will be waiting for it. ;D

FoxHole

Zeno, i saw your simutrans creations. I want to have those sets too. Where can I download it? Thanks.

Zeno

Quote from: FoxHole on July 09, 2010, 08:22:47 AM
Zeno, i saw your simutrans creations. I want to have those sets too. Where can I download it? Thanks.
Some of them are already available in the current nightly version of Pak128: oil wagons, a couple of EMUs and TGVs. Ships might be included soon also (but this will have to wait until last weeks of this summer).

FoxHole

Ok thank you so much !  :D

Václav

Quote from: Zeno on July 09, 2010, 11:27:16 AM
this will have to wait until last weeks of this summer
It seems ...

two weeks are left to go - but I would to see them in next weekend nightly

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Zeno

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on August 12, 2010, 05:27:39 PM
this will have to wait until last weeks of this summer
Well... err... you know... Spain is a sunny place and summer extends also to September  ;D

Just joking :P There are a couple of ships missing yet, but I guess they will be done next week. Anyway, I will wait for the pak mantainer to come back to include them, so forget about the nightly until mid/end september.

OTOH, I may consider releasing a custom Addon set of ships. But I'm sorry it won't be in next weekend, no way :(

Václav

Quote from: Zeno on August 12, 2010, 05:41:02 PM
Well... err... you know... Spain is a sunny place and summer extends also to September  ;D

But I'm sorry it won't be in next weekend, no way :(
Of course, some years it is similar also here, in Czech republic. I think that grapes would be very good regardless of crazy weather conditions. The first grapes would be harvested around of name-day of me - it means on the 28th of September.

I am only looking forward to seeing them in game very much - and for quite long time. Next weeked (21st and 22nd of August; if you got I think weekend of 14th and 15th of August, I am sorry for I did not write it better) I am going to celebrate (haha; because I have not ever done it) my birthday.

I wish I had an idea and enthusiasm to do anything for Simutrans again. Then I would give people playing pak128 any other addon - as gift to my birthday.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Zeno

New ship done, the RMS Queen Elisabeth 2 ocean liner, and its article at my blog can be read here.

One or two car carriers are left to complete the basic pakset (minimum set to release). Some ships might be added later, but I won't make any promise about it ;)

Rebelfish

Quote from: FoxHole on July 09, 2010, 08:22:47 AM

Any news on where to download the ships?  I especially like the large bulk good carriers.

VS

They're in the set nightlies, for some months now.

gwalch

If i can make some suggestions for new ships...

For bulk, a very old : "Pamir", for the timeline 07/1905 to 10/1957
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pamir_%28ship%29 (this is the english page, but on the french page, we can see the specifications)

You didn't make any ships for cement ? For exemple, this one (sorry, french page !)
http://www.marine-marchande.net/groupe%20mar-mar/Documents/Cozanet/Cemsky/Cemsky.htm

And for milk, maybe you can use "pinardier" (wine's transport boat) ? For exemple, this one (french page), built in 1957 (inauguration 05/1957 ?)
http://www.marine-marchande.net/groupe%20mar-mar/Documents/DeBie/MaterDei/Mater-Dei.htm
French Elements Creator :
-By Rail with trains and trams : X3800 Picasso and BB36000 Astride - trams from Nantes, St Etienne, Strasbourg, Montpellier, Lyon, Bordeaux, Le Mans, Reims...
-By Road with Trucks : Main painter for the "french trucks company", with trucks from 50ies (Willeme "Squale Nose") to 2000 (Renault AE500 "Magnum) and a lot of trailers... and with Trolley and Buses : Irisbus Cristalis, Man Lion's City, Irisbus Magelys...
- Industry : Collaborator for french food with Wine and Cheese...