News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Plans for 102.2.2?

Started by ansgar, January 27, 2010, 01:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ansgar

Hi,

are there any plans when to release Simutrans 102.2.2?  Ubuntu will freeze in a few weeks [1] for the next release, Debian might freeze in March [2].  After the freeze new upstream releases are generally no longer included.  I would of course like to include the latest bug fixes in the packages for both distributions.
Currently Debian has 102.2.1 in unstable.  Ubuntu still has 102.2, but should update to 102.2.1 soon.

Regards,
Ansgar

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidReleaseSchedule
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2009/10/msg00002.html

Dwachs

Thank you for informing!

The stable branch in the svn-repository is almost up-to-date. It can be turned in a Release candidate for 102.2.2 and be released after more testing. So yes, there is an interest here to have a stable release somewhere in the near future.

Edit: The stable branch is now really up-to-date. Hopefully, the nightlies will be generated from this branch soon.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

wernieman

They should be build next night from the stable .....
I hope you understand my English

Frank

It appears from 0.102.2.2 should use all graphic sets for the current release I think.

This version would be suitable for long games.

Dwachs

As soon as the nightlies are compiled from the stable branch, I will write a blog entry.

In my point of view, this 102.2.2 stable will be the last stable release before the network mode is finished and works.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

prissi

And also wie can test the networkmode with a stepped savegameversion and still change the savegameformat ...

ansgar

Hi,

any updates on the release plans for 102.2.2?  Ubuntu's feature freeze is on Feb 18th and it means more work for me to ask them to include a new upstream release after this (esp. as I don't use Ubuntu myself).

Debian unstable and Ubuntu Lucid currently include simutrans and pak64 102.2.1, and pak128.Britain 1.06.

Regards,
Ansgar

wernieman

The nightlys compile (since ??) from the stable ....
I hope you understand my English

prissi

I planned to release the stable tomorrow. It has one bug with displaying wrong stations images on bridges and in tunnels during season changes. Otherwise, it is rather stable. I will fix on bug in pak64, and include current translations and will release it.