News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

People on platforms.

Started by Reddog785, February 05, 2010, 06:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reddog785

At train stations, I've only seen people come in and out of the building, and not actually wait on the platform. Putting this in will make the game more realistic, and seriously, how often is it that you see people people buy their tickets, and then fade away? And how often is it that you've seen people randomly come out of the building but not see them get off the train? Weird. Also, you can extend the realism of this suggestion by adding the following:
Opening train doors at a station
Animated passengers that walk on and off of trains

jonasbb

This is only eyecandy so I think this won't be implement to ST.

You have to draw much more graphics (train with open door) and the program has to calculate more things (walking passangers).

I don't miss this features.

Fabio

It's a bit too much, but I would really like - at least - people (pedestrians) waiting statically on the platform, proportionally to the number of waiting passengers (and for this it would also have an ingame purpose).

Reddog785

Quote from: fabio on February 05, 2010, 09:49:09 PM
It's a bit too much, but I would really like - at least - people (pedestrians) waiting statically on the platform, proportionally to the number of waiting passengers (and for this it would also have an ingame purpose).

Opening doors and walkibg passengers wasn't exactly part of the request; it was just something that could be added to make it more realistic. But, yeah...I really only want them to wait on the platform statically and disappear when a train comes...

sojo

I like this request. But there is a big problem.

What is if there is a station (1x1) which excapts passangers, post and goods. Now waiting some goods and it give only a grafic with waiting passangers.  :o

Coal in Bags or steel under the clothes? :D
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

prissi

I would rather reuse the existing pedestrians. It was a common request, and I even started thinking how to do this but never coded much for it.