News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Station GUI usability request

Started by Amelek, February 06, 2010, 10:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amelek

I would like to request two features to be added to station GUI. I think it would greatly increase usability of this window

1. "Go to station" button in waiting resources list, same as one in details near each waiting pile. Such button is already available in details window, but since stations there are unsorted it's more then impossible to find correct station if there are a lot of them. Also, it lists only directly connected stations.

2. Find everything connecting selected station with another station (or better, find all convoys that may carry selected resource pile from this station to destination). This would allow us to find all rogue / broken / depot-waiting convoys which results in resources piling up to infinity. There may be a bother with transfer goods, but perhaps all trains involved could be listed in some kind of order

prissi

1) Was requested many time before. Since these lists are very dynamic and not maintained by the station dialog, this is not so easy or would result in a big overhead.

2) List of convois to a station was discussed also for improved routing. I forgot, maybe it is even implemented, have to look.

Amelek

as far as I see, all that is required to do step 1 is to change

freight_list_sorter_t::sort_freight(warray, buf, (freight_list_sorter_t::sort_mode_t)sortierung, NULL, "waiting");

so that it would also take station position's vector and return relevant stations in it, then [station]
      if(old_len!=freight_info.len()) {
         text.set_text(freight_info);
         text.recalc_size();
      }
or [convoy]
      // buffer update now only when needed by convoy itself => dedicated buffer for this
      cnv->get_freight_info(freight_info);
      text.set_text(freight_info);
should also render (output) buttons.

Seem easy to me, but my understanding of simutrans api is too low to write it (at last right now)

prissi

Yes, and also handle the events for it.