News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

[ATTENTION] Fake Private Message from Admins

Started by IgorEliezer, February 08, 2010, 12:56:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IgorEliezer

Important warning

If you have received a Private Message like this:

QuoteDear, <your name here>!

A virus alert was noticed on your computer.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://<fake_link>/<your name here>
----------------------------------------------------
Forum Administration forum.simutrans.com.

We did not send this Private Message. It's a fake message. And do not click on the provided link on PM.

Also, such member who sent such PM is already banned from the forum.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

more info, copy/paste from another thread:

The user was real, and has been banned. Also, "forum" and "team" are disallowed from usernames. Personal messages are a little more restricted than previous.

Also, I normally look at new users who sign up; I hadn't caught up on emails before this happened; but I will continue to monitor them (while catching up, I caught a spammer who hadn't posted yet thankfully).

Václav

I have been programming in PHP since April of 2007 but I am worried about my experience is short to I could help you.

I have one small idea how to avoid (at least for some time) this but I have not read source of this forum yet regardless I have had it for few days. I have download it via its webpage.  :)

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Isaac Eiland-Hall

The problem with customizing the forum software is that the customizations go away after each upgrade. However, we are probably about to implement a system that should get us to near 100% spammer-free status. :)

Bigtop

Umm...why is this forum called the "Hatted Simutrans Forum"? Is it maybe related to this?

Isaac Eiland-Hall