News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Goods are not loaded

Started by Cigydd, February 15, 2010, 07:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cigydd

Hi all,
I have this problem with my Simutrans installation on Linux (Mandriva 2009.1):
Two train stations are connected with railway.
On one end, there is a forest and a paper factory on the other side.
When the train goes to the forest endstation, no wood is loaded. If I set the route to wait for the wood, the train just endlessly and hopelessly waits and nothing happens even when the forest's goods stack is full.
Other user in the Czech forum also reported the same behaviour.

The Hood

This "bug" is very commonly reported, but is 99% never a bug:

1) Make sure the forest actually supplies wood to the paper factory (click on the forest and look at the "consumers" and check that the paper factory is one of them - not all forests supply every paper mill).  If the paper mill is not one of the forest's consumers, no goods will move between the two.
2) Make sure both stations are goods-enabled.  Not all stations can handle goods traffic automatically, so make sure you build a station extension such as a warehouse at each station that allows the station to handle goods traffic.

Cigydd

Sorry for the bug-noise and thank you.
I added a warehouse to the forest and another to the paper mill and the wood loads OK.
But what exactly are the goods that need a warehouse to be built?

The Hood

All goods require the stop to be goods-enabled, just as passengers need a passenger-enabled station and same again for mail.  In pak128, the basic platform doesn't enable any goods, so you need to build a warehouse or similar.  In other paksets (e.g. pak64, pak128.Britain) the basic station is either passenger or goods enabled (often the icons in the menu have a person, a letter, or a pile of goods to help you work this out).

Cigydd

That means that if my stations are goods enabled by default, no need to build warehouses?

The Hood

Not unless you want extra goods storage capacity at your stations.

Cigydd

Thank you for clarifying it for me.

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: The Hood on February 15, 2010, 08:37:11 PM
In pak128, the basic platform doesn't enable any goods

That's no longer true - has been changed in the nightlies several months ago.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****