News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Road / rail crossings

Started by neil, July 20, 2023, 11:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neil

I'm using the latest versions of Simutrans and Pak128.Britain, starting a game in 1980.

I cannot make what we in UK would call a level crossing i.e. rail crossing road without a tunnel or a bridge. I'm sure that in the past it hasn't been a problem but now, no matter what combination I use, it just won't work.

Has something changed? Or what could I be doing wrong?

Roboron

To my understanding, it won't work for high-speed railway tracks or if the difference in speed between the railway and the road is too high.

Matthew

Also, they can only be autobuilt at right angles. If you want to build a diagonal level crossing, you need to manually build tracks onto adjacent diagonal road tiles. The graphics won't look right, but it works on Extended (which I don't think has changed this).
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

neil

I'm playing the demo.sve saved game that comes with the packset.

It already has several crossings for wooden sleeper rack crossing city road but if I try to build one, it won't let me.

I can delete one of the existing ones (using public service) but it won't let me rebuild it.

Should I have a crossing button on either the Road tools menu or the Rail tools menu?

makie

The behave of the program has been changed. I think the saved game is before the program change.
The Pak128.britain may have to be adapted to the new program version.

prissi

A level crossing for higher speeds than 35 km/h roads and 100 km/h rails is only available from 1920. When loading old games, the engine will resort to a wrong crossing as last resort. From 1920 there is a crossing wih 160/50 km/h and from 1960 with 160/100, see here https://sourceforge.net/p/simutrans/code/HEAD/tree/pak128.Britain/ways/new-crossing.dat?force=True

neil

Is there a .pak file for that crossings .dat file?

With my limited knowledge of Simutrans dev / build, I don't know where to get all the required .img files from to make my own .pak.

Matthew

They should be here (use Ctrl+F to search for "crossing" if you can't find the right files). This repository is now aimed more at pak128.Britain for Extended, not Standard, so I don't think you can use any of the .dat files in the directory above.

But as far as I know Standard and Extended images are interchangeable within pak128.Britain.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。