News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Dropbox - do you know?

Started by IgorEliezer, February 18, 2010, 07:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IgorEliezer

Do you know Dropbox?

https://www.dropbox.com/

Quote from: wikipedia.orgDropbox is a cross-platform cloud-based storage application and service operated by Dropbox, Inc. The service enables users to store and sync files online and between computers and share files and folders with others using file synchronization.[1] There are both free and paid services, each with varying options.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dropbox_%28storage_provider%29

Say, it's like a file hosting with some extra "resources". To be frank, I didn't grab an account to see how this server works for real.

I already have an account on 4shared; I'm happy with file storage, but it fails miserably with file sharing part: making someone pass through 3 pages before a single download is a pain.

I'd like to see some comments about this service that seems to be the next "boom" on the Internet, like Twitter.

Zeno

I got an account at work, and it's quite helpful as we can have a common documents folder for all us in the development department, wherever we are. Just install this app and you get all files like if it was a svn or similar software.

IgorEliezer

YAY!

EDIT:

Who wants to receive an invitation from me? ;D

MoTw

QuoteWho wants to receive an invitation from me? Grin
Hm, I certainly would accept one (and make your storage space grow ;D ;) ) if I wouldn't have a Dropbox on my PC already...

But nevertheless, it's a very useful thing to me.
world is like a parachute: it works better when it's open
whenever you feel lost and alone, always remember your calculator is something you can count on
pak96.comic addons

sdog

i'm using it for quite a while now, works splendidly! making files publicly available works also very well. to download them no anoying steps are necessary. html files can be opened in browser. so it can be used to some degree also as a webhost.