News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

TileCutter 0.5.5 Beta Release

Started by Ashley, March 05, 2010, 06:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

There is a newer release of TileCutter available, see: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=6962.0

This is a beta release of the new TileCutter.

If you do encounter any issues while using TileCutter please submit a bug report by posting in reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Circumstances and description of the issue
2. tilecutter.log and TileCutter5.exe.log (if present)
3. Copy of the tc.config file

Changes 0.5.5 (beta):

ADD: Proper selection of path to makeobj via GUI
ADD: Command line scriptability:
Specify path to multiple .tcp files for automatic processing
Override output location of .dat/.png
Specify .pak output if required
Usage: "TileCutter5 -h" will give command line usage info
ADD: Ability to select .dat file output via UI checkbox
FIX: Selecting a file at the root of a drive on Windows leads to wrong path display
ADD: Basic documentation now available on website (via Online Help link in menu)

Known Bugs
- Panel display bug when choosing different languages, workaround is to resize the window, which appears to fix this

What's new
Command Line interface for scripting
Ability to disable .dat file output
Online documentation
UI Improvements

What's still to do
Specific platform source distribution via .zip/.tar.gz file
Lots of testing
Full dat file editor
Smoke editor
Mac distribution
Windows msi installer

Notes

Please see here for TileCutter documentation

All the paths in the main window are relative to the project save location path. This is intended to allow you to put all your work files in one directory, and then to be able to move or zip that directory and send it to someone else while preserving all the links to the images. Also note that the images are not saved with the project file, only links to them are (this may change at some point).

It's also worth pointing out that in order for the one click exporting to work (e.g. makeobj integration) you need to have filled out the correct details in the dat editing window. Currently this is just a text entry box, but this will change in future to a proper dat editing UI. The image array information is automatically generated and appended to whatever you type into this box.

Download
You can download this beta release of TileCutter from the following link:

TileCutter_win_0.5.5-beta.zip (5.4 MB)

You can also download a source distribution:

TileCutter_src_0.5.5-beta.zip (232 KB)

NOTE: The source distribution requires that you have Python 2.6 or better installed already, and depends upon the wxWidgets library.

And you can check out the source for this release from the SVN, using this URL:

svn://entropy.me.uk/timothy/tilecutter/tags/0.5.5/

And the current latest version from this one:

svn://entropy.me.uk/timothy/tilecutter/trunk/

I recommend upgrading to this version over all previous versions of TileCutter, especially the 0.3 branch.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

vilvoh

Is the documentation available offline, let's say in txt, rtf or html format?

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Ashley

Quote from: vilvoh on March 05, 2010, 06:26:21 PM
Is the documentation available offline, let's say in txt, rtf or html format?

Sure, right-click, save page as :)

I'll probably include it with the application in a future version though.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.

An_dz

Hey Timothy I can't open Tilecutter, It don't even shows anything.
I looked at ProceXP (It's a cool Task Manager) and it runs but is killed at same time
I've tried downloading version 0.5.4 but no results
I'm using Win7 Professional also i've attached the log

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Which version of Python do you have installed? Did you install the wxWidgets?

Ashley

Quote from: An_dz on August 12, 2010, 04:51:48 PM
Hey Timothy I can't open Tilecutter, It don't even shows anything.
I looked at ProceXP (It's a cool Task Manager) and it runs but is killed at same time
I've tried downloading version 0.5.4 but no results
I'm using Win7 Professional also i've attached the log

Hello An_dz, may I ask what operating system you are using? Also what do you have the language options set to? From the log this looks like an error to do with decoding one of the language files, I'll have to investigate.

An_dz

Quote from: Timothy on August 13, 2010, 07:27:02 AM
Hello An_dz, may I ask what operating system you are using? Also what do you have the language options set to? From the log this looks like an error to do with decoding one of the language files, I'll have to investigate.
I'm using Windows 7 Professional and it's in Brazilian Portuguese language(my OS not TC).
Tilecutter configs are all set as default, I didn't changed it, so I think it's in English US.
In tc.config file there's a line like that: "default_language": "english_translation", if you wanna take a look it's attached!

EDIT:I've tried using it with XP mode but same error happens, the log is also the same, the only difference is that an message box appear saying something like: the initialization of the program failed caused by a incorrect configuration. Reinstalling the program may help.
Also I want to ask if .NET framework or VB files are needed or something like that? Just like Simustarter, I remembered that it requires VB5 files to be run

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on August 12, 2010, 11:09:18 PM
Which version of Python do you have installed? Did you install the wxWidgets?
I have Python 2.6.5 installed and yes, i've tried installing wxWidgets version 2.8.11.0(course the Python2.6 compatible).

Milko

Hi

On WinXP executing tilecutter5.exe (last version), ad-aware quarantine the file. Adware tell me that tilecutter5 is infected by FraudTool.Win32.RogueSecurity. The file it's ok?

Giuseppe

Ashley

Václav

I don't know why my previous post disappeared, so I repeat it - I have the same problem like An_dz: TileCutter is started but it is ended immidiately after start - without displaying of anything.

In attachment is ready zip file with both files.

WinXP

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Ashley

Looks like some kind of error decoding one of the language packs. I'll have to look into it.

Quote from: Milko on February 19, 2011, 07:22:18 PM
Hi

I downloaded from http://entropy.me.uk/tilecutter/download/TileCutter_win_0.5.5-beta.zip (your link 5.4Mb...)

Giuseppe

That download doesn't contain any virus. It's either a false alarm or something on your computer which has corrupted the download. Antivirus software can flag up false positives (sometimes quite often).

An_dz

Quote from: Milko on February 19, 2011, 04:08:29 PM
On WinXP executing tilecutter5.exe (last version), ad-aware quarantine the file. Adware tell me that tilecutter5 is infected by FraudTool.Win32.RogueSecurity. The file it's ok?
It's false positive, I've tested with Norton and Mcafee and both said it was clean.

IgorEliezer

Just saying: the translation package I download from Simutranslator is unsupported by TileCutter.

I'm forced to open the translation package (**.tab), copy the translation lines, then I open tc_**.tab, and paste into there. Partially working, but still works. :/

Václav

Quite confused - tc_(cz by me).tab is clear to me - but which translation packages? One downloaded from SimuTranslator? I have done it - but less result.

So, in attachment is ready tilecutter.exe.log.

Ashley

Can you try running the pre-compiled version (TileCutter5.exe) here:

http://entropy.me.uk/tilecutter/download/TileCutter_win_0.5.5-beta.zip

I have a suspicion that this might be a Python issue to do with Unicode handling and want to confirm whether this works using the version which was used to build this executable.

VaclavMacurek - can you show me the tilecutter.log as well?

Václav

Of course. I hope it will be useful.

Ashley

Right I think I know the issue, it's a problem with handling of unicode. I'll post up a new version to test soon.

Ashley

Quote from: IgorEliezer on February 21, 2011, 02:32:02 PM
Just saying: the translation package I download from Simutranslator is unsupported by TileCutter.

I'm forced to open the translation package (**.tab), copy the translation lines, then I open tc_**.tab, and paste into there. Partially working, but still works. :/

For some odd reason the translator website seems to produce duplicate translation files for some languages (e.g. en.tab and tc_en.tab). The former isn't UTF-8 encoded and so won't be accepted by the application. All input files for TileCutter must be UTF-8 encoded so do check this.

Václav

Quote from: Timothy on February 21, 2011, 10:09:22 PM
For some odd reason the translator website seems to produce duplicate translation files for some languages (e.g. en.tab and tc_en.tab). The former isn't UTF-8 encoded and so won't be accepted by the application. All input files for TileCutter must be UTF-8 encoded so do check this.
So, I (for special purpose of test) deleted almost all translation files - and let be only tc_cz.tab and tc_en.tab. I looked inside and saw that both are coded as UTF-8. But result is still the same.

But I have found also special file in laguages dir with name tc_en.tab~. I would like purpose of being of this file.

And what is important, in original tc_??.tab files (as they are in downloaded package) translated text is on even lines, not on odd lines - what is different from tab files for Simutrans, itself - and files for TileCutter generated by SimuTranslator.

And of course, I also would like to know purpose of this line

#{"name": "Czech", "name_translated": "Česky", "language_code": "cz", "created_by": "SimuTranslator", "created_date": "09-02-2010"}

Ashley

This has changed a little in the version I'm about to post up.

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on February 22, 2011, 02:02:52 PM
And of course, I also would like to know purpose of this line

#{"name": "Czech", "name_translated": "Česky", "language_code": "cz", "created_by": "SimuTranslator", "created_date": "09-02-2010"}

In 0.5.5 the first line should contain a JSON-formatted dict with those variables which is read by a pre-processor within TileCutter's language module. This gives information about the translation file.

"tc_en.tab~" is a temporary file, sometimes created by text editors. TileCutter only reads in translations with the .tab extension so that file should be ignored.

Odd verses even lines only comes into effect after the comments have been stripped - it should be key, newline, value, newline etc.

Edit:

New version (0.5.6) now available which should fix these issues. Please test.

Václav

Thanks. So it is irrelevant that translated text is on even line, not odd line - what is different from Simutrans where translated text has to be on odd line.

Ashley

Well, translated text does have to be on even lines (e.g. line 2, line 4, line 6 etc.) but that only applies once you have stripped all comments (lines starting with #) out.