News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

places and their goods

Started by werl, March 05, 2010, 10:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

werl

Blue is the selected factory, purple is suppliers, orange is what it supplies.

Click here to see the charts or copy and paste http://werl.me/simtran.swf

please mention any problems, coloured rectangles are a little off.

Pak 128 will be done as soon as i can get done.

update: version 4.0 Alpha

Changing the server I have my stuff on, again, so you have to make sure you use the links listed above or you will not get it.
C:\dos
C:\dos\run
run\dos\run

vilvoh

Would be great if you could make some kind of graphic instead, showing all industry chains and their elements (factories) with input - output goods, and their conections.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

werl

run\dos\run

werl

So, How do you like it. please post reviews.
run\dos\run

colonyan

This is pretty neat tool!
Especially useful when chain gets complex and numerous.
As suggested above, it would be even better if you put image along the name
of the facility. You could make name font size lot smaller to fit the image but
it will be too short to image to fit...

Hope this helps new players to come.

werl

The actual size is about 2 inches high, and just a little shorter on the width.

It is set to fit to your screen size, I don't know how to change it so don't ask.

I'll see what I can do, but I don't know yet. This is the first edition. this is about the size of the actual text.

run\dos\run

VS

Oh, very nice :) What program did you use?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Djeserkheperure

A good learning material! Colours, images, interactivity and graphic nature is bound to affect positively to the learning curve. I think you could further shorten the time a beginner needs to adopt this tool. A more graphical tip about the chain order could do that. Sort of "legend" in a form of maybe an even sided triangle pointing to the right, vertically divided in three parts. Left part red ("base"), middle part blue and the right part ("apex") red. I think that would be a quick, intuitive reminder about the order of the colours.

Sand Quarry's text (pak64) isn't aligned yet. Also, red-green colourblindness is a male thing (~7% of males in US of A according to HHMI) and I believe no less than that here in Finland (our gene pool is more of a backyard plastic swimming pool size).

vilvoh

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

wlindley

Good start, but please check spelling (Pharmacy, Furniture, Quarry, wholesaler, packaging, Chemical, and others are all misspelled in places).  Also if the icons were full-size, and the words re-arranged (maybe smaller words too, and in a plain font), it would look better.

werl

I used Macromedia Flash. not cheep, but a lot of fun once you get to know it. I am using Times New Roman font. The problem with decreasing the size of the text is that if you have a small screen, you would not be able to see it. This is about the size of the text I see on my computer. thanks Djeserkheperure for that, I'll change that for the next version. I am sorry about the spelling, my spelling is extremely bad and there is no spell check in Macromedia Flash, many thanks for that. I have no clue what is wrong with the text. but this will hopefully be fix that in the next version. but, I am using a 13 inch MacBook Pro, so the text would be smaller for me.

ps. if you click on the background you will clear the colours and start fresh.
run\dos\run

VS

Oh, so it's made by hand :-( I thought you managed to get some automation. That would be a golden find...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

werl

I could be able to do that, with a lot of time, effort, trial and error, and a couple dozen help requests. I am still fairly new to this, so it may take some time.
run\dos\run

werl

Version 3.1 now posted. ;D

Changes:add-full size images
        change-colours
             add-legend

My baby is all grown up ::'( (humor)

first error- forgot to add chemical plant to oil producing plants.
second error- forgot to add oil power plant to oil producing plants

ps. 3.2 posted soon
run\dos\run

Colin

Quote from: werl on March 08, 2010, 08:38:19 PM
Version 3.1 now posted. ;D

Changes:add-full size images
        change-colours
             add-legend

My baby is all grown up ::'( (humor)

first error- forgot to add chemical plant to oil producing plants.

Hi Werl, from where can I download this.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

Joker

Cool little tool Werl!!

@Colin

Very First Post whre it says click here or http://www3.telus.net/public/werl/simtran.swf to make it quicker  :)

just select Pak64 and it will open it up. Hope this what you meant.
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

werl

if you want, i can send you the .swf file if you give me your e-mail or send me one at werl2@me.com. otherwise, I can't help you. ::'(. sorry

The link is in the post from Joker.
run\dos\run

werl

I am saddened ::'( ::'( ::'( at how bad I did at checking it. :-[
run\dos\run

Colin

Quote from: Joker on March 09, 2010, 12:27:50 AM
@Colin
Very First Post whre it says click here or http://www3.telus.net/public/werl/simtran.swf to make it quicker  :)
just select Pak64 and it will open it up. Hope this what you meant.
Hi Joker, I did this before but it only shows picture of Werl's buildings, what I'm after is the coloured factory bars. but thanks anyway.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

werl

seeing that just now, what version of flash player do you have ???
run\dos\run

Colin

Quote from: werl on March 09, 2010, 02:12:00 AM
seeing that just now, what version of flash player do you have ???

If this was meant for me, I'm using Adobe, Shockwave and Irfanview.

Thought for the day

werl

Quick look at what 4.0 will look like.
Click here to see 4.0 Alpha, or copy and paste http://werl.me/simtran.swf.

Sorry, got busy. 4.0 will be out by Friday. Guaranteed.
run\dos\run

werl

This is a lot harder than I thought. Really sorry, will get 4.0 out ASAP.

Werl
run\dos\run