News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Revenues, Costs per Goods type?

Started by wlindley, March 10, 2010, 01:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wlindley

I would like to be able to see the monthly revenues from each basic goods type (passengers, post, and everything-else) compared to the fixed costs for each type. 

• "Revenues of a goods type" is simply the total revenue of passengers, or post, or everything-else.
  • "Fixed Costs of a goods type" could include only the monthly maintenance of facilities for that type; although:

• "Passenger station cost" would include any station that handles at least passengers, while
    • "post station cost" would include only post-offices and post-only stations, and
    • "goods station cost" would include only goods-only stations.

That is similar to how railroads apportion their revenues and costs... and it would help me decide when it makes sense to actually carry post.

prissi

Nearly impossible to do that; I mean revenue is simple but maintenance is hard. And what about cost of mixed convois/stations. Not to mention way maintenance. Furthermore in Simutrans there are goods with negative revenue like paper, which needs to be transported anyway.

dr meduza

there should be some tool which calculate revenue for selected line
like when select for example mine, there will be chart (revenue / speed) when you transport coal to consumer, then is clear how profitable will be to transport it (like in real, when I will be a head of transport corporation I will want a report about expected profit before I do any investment)

vilvoh

I would say that's almost impossible to implement it, as there can be more than one optimal route and moreover routes are decided and changed on the fly. So the initial estimates can be misleading and the route can cause losses due to environment changes (new road conections, alternative routes, saturation of the chain, etc.. )

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

dr meduza

operation cost can be variable
but income is fixed (affected just by speed bonus)