News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Generatin PAK128.britain

Started by wernieman, March 16, 2010, 09:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wernieman

I plan to make the pak128.britain in the nightlys, but... how it would be generate??

sorry, but there is no info in the SVN.
I hope you understand my English

The Hood

There is a MOSE script (makeALL.mos) in the pak128.Britain folder of SVN which I use to build the official releases.  Can you use this?  You will need to make sure the parameter.mos is correct for your system though.

wernieman

Dou you generate at linux?

I must change the execude-flag of the script ...

The Hood

Yes, I run linux on my home machine.  I've not tried it on any other system, although I think some other pak128.Britain users have built the pak from source so they may have other points to add.

wernieman

Could yo have some Problems with the pngs??
Quotelibpng warning: Invalid pHYs after IDAT

And .. the programm don´t stop automatikly ...

The Hood

I get the error messages, but it builds fine and plays fine.  I've always been confused why I get an error when there doesn't seem to be a problem!  Would be nice to remove the error message though if anyone knows what causes it.

wernieman

It is an error Message from makeobj. The png is not good ... at example photoshop create pngs with this "Problem" ...

And what whe do with the "not automatikly stop"?

The Hood

I'm not sure what you mean about "not automatikly stop"?  For me, running the script produces the makeobj libpng warnings, but the output pak is perfectly playable.

wernieman

If you start the script, its end with a pompt:
Quotelibpng warning: Invalid pHYs after IDAT
It seems that there is every thing right!
-----------------
!BUILD COMPLETE!

mose>

But .. when I call it in a cron-job, it must end the prompt too .....

The Hood

I see now.  Doesn't pak192 buils with MOSE?  If you used the same sort of setup for that would that work?  Michael 'Cruzer' helped me set up the script so maybe he knows better what to do.

wernieman

Could it be that in you svn is an old Version of the mose script?

The mose fom PAK192 hafe a special parameter for this problem

Quote/usr/bin/python mose.py -x makeALL.mos

The Hood

I've had it about a year - I wasn't aware there was an update?

wernieman

It must be more than 1 year .. there was an update when I make the nightly for PAK192 ....

The Hood

I suspect we will need the help of the MOSE developers to sort this out.  Can you contact them in the german forum?

wernieman

Have you test to try the mose from PAK192??

The Hood

No - can you tell me where the sources and MOSE scripts are for pak192?

wernieman

in the SVN ........

have you an EMail-Adresse?? Then I could send it to you ...

The Hood

Hopefully you got my email address by PM now?

wernieman

wernieman

I get Info ...
QuoteDie Entwicklung von MOSE läuft auf http://moscript.sf.net/ (SVN Adresse dort) ab.

Look at http://moscript.sf.net/ for the Mose-Script

Michael 'Cruzer'

The MOSE version in PAK128 SVN is "MOSE - MakeObj Script Environment [Version 0.3.4.0]" (type command 'ver', for check it) actuall version is "MOSE - MakeObj Script Environment [Version 0.4.2.1]".

I recommend that the MOSE runtime itself is not stored in the SVN. (Only the *.mos Script file, have to be saved in the SVN) Then it is the responsibility of the user to download MOSE from http://moscript.sf.net/ himself.

My recommendation:

1.) Delete the file "mose.py" out of svn.

2.) Download the MOSE-Runtime (ZIP-file for linux and EXE-file for windows) and...
- (LINUX) extract it to (for example) "/bin" and you can run the "makeAll.mos"-script with typing "/bin/mose.py -x makeAll.mos" out of the terminal.
- (WINDOWS) run the setup and you can run the "makeAll.mos"-script with double-clicking on it in file manager.

1.Note:
The command line argument "-x" is supported since MOSE 0.3.9 (2009-07-10)

2.Note:
Simutrans doesn't support more than 24bit Images. Most of the pak128.britain images are saved as 32bit Images, so the libpng waring appears!
The warning means that the PAK-files are currently unnecessary big, and perhaps errors could occur.
Founder and Ex-Maintainer of pak192.comic. Provider of Simutrans Hosting rental service.

The Hood

Thankyou.  So am I right in thinking that if wernieman uses the latest mose.py from moscript.sf.net and the makeALL.mos in pak128.Britain SVN, he won't get the problem of not exiting properly? 

I will implement your recommendations in pak128.Britain SVN.  Presumably what you say about 32-bit images can therefore be removed if I change all the images to 24-bit?  It may take some time, but if it results in smaller pak sizes, I will do it.

wlindley

TheHood -- to do mass conversions, try the ImageMagick tools, specifically this one:

http://www.imagemagick.org/script/convert.php

Once installed, you could try:

$ convert -depth 24 */*.png */*/*.png

Ta-da!

(And some folks wonder why we like command-line interfaces.)

wernieman

I need only the mose.py from the zipfile??

The Hood

You need mose.py from the latest zipfile on http://moscript.sf.net/ as Cruzer said (ignore the one in pak128.Britain SVN - it is out of date).  You still need makeALL.mos from pak128.Britain SVN though.

wernieman

The Hood

Isn't the makeobj.py also in the makeobj download? 

wernieman

no it is in the mose download ....

ansgar

wernieman: You could try and use the shell script I wrote to build pak128.britain in Debian for now.  It is available from http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/pkg-games/packages/trunk/simutrans-pak128.britain/debian/build?revision=10814&view=markup.
It's far easier to understand and use than an extra script.  If only Windows would have a POSIX shell... ;)

wernieman

Bit it is not good, when we use different scipts for nightly and developer... it is better only to use 1 scipt ;o)

The Hood

@wernieman

I meant mose download not makeobj download, like you say.

wernieman

Michael 'Cruzer'

Quote from: wernieman on March 22, 2010, 10:28:08 AM
I need only the mose.py from the zipfile??

No sorry, you need all *.py files out of the ZIP.
(There should also be a makeobj.py in the MOSE zip-file.)
Founder and Ex-Maintainer of pak192.comic. Provider of Simutrans Hosting rental service.

The Hood

Did we get anywhere with this, or do I still need to do something?

wernieman

At the Moment I have some Problem with the Harddisk/SATA-Controller on the Maschine, so I don´t make it working.

My Tests was positiv ....

(I don´t write in this Forum the Problem, only in the German :o )