News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

[Experimental release] Pak128.Britain-Ex 0.5

Started by jamespetts, March 26, 2010, 02:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

Please note: This version has been superseded by 0.6: see here for details.

A new version of the preview and testing version of the Simutrans-Experimental version of Pak128.Britain is now available: download it us (site down, do not visit) ]/Pak128.Britain-Ex.zip]here. This is a complete pakset and should be installed in its own directory. It is only compatible with Simutrans-Experimental (version 7.2 and higher) - the normal Pak128.Britain should be used with Simutrans-Standard.

This is a preliminary version meant for testing and evaluation, although it should balance better with Simutrans-Experimental than the standard Pak128.Britain. Not all of the Simutrans-Experimental features are implemented yet (although I am planning to implement them all in due course).

Here is a list of the features supported by this release of Pak128.Britain-Ex:

• Comfort
  • Loading times
  • Catering
  • Upgrading (partial)
  • Way constraints
  • Reversing
  • Tilting trains
  • Overcrowding (only on a few vehicles so far - work in progress)
  • Industry obsolescence
  • Industry upgrading
  • Weight limits
  • Tractive effort

See here for a more detailed description of the work outstanding and so far completed, and also for information on how to get involved in contributing to the project and obtaining the sources.

Changes from 0.4 include:

• CHANGE: Increased weight limits of early road bridges
  • ADD: Snow textures (from Standard)
  • CHANGE: Increased maximum speed of Q1 tender (from Standard)
  • CHANGE: Set more realistic power for GWR Prairie
  • CHANGE: Increased speed limit of BR Standard tender (from Standard)
  • CHANGE: Set introduction date of postbox earlier
  • ADD: New goods type: fresh fish, and fishing dock to go with it (from Standard)
  • CHANGE: New picture for boats button in main menu (from Standard)
  • ADD: Lots of new boats (from Standard)
  • FIX: Horse trams not bidirectional
  • ADD: Merged the sources from the standard version of Pak128.Britain 1.07 (lots of new features and buildings)
  • FIX: Updated compat.tab
  • FIX: Tunnels no longer have a weight limit of zero.
  • FIX: Error in translation texts
  • REMOVE: Conflicting pavement file
  • FIX: Some industry retirement dates did not overlap properly (from Standard)
  • FIX: Car dealership used petrol station images (from Standard)
  • FIX: Powerlines used wrong images (from Standard)
  • FIX: Some monuments not working properly

Any feedback on this pakset variant (especially relating to the gameplay balance) would be very much welcome.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

romik

Quote from: jamespetts on March 26, 2010, 02:36:23 PM
A new version of the preview and testing version of the Simutrans-Experimental version of Pak128.Britain is now available: download it us (site down, do not visit) ]/Pak128.Britain-Ex.zip]here. This is a complete pakset and should be installed in its own directory. It is only compatible with Simutrans-Experimental (version 7.2 and higher) - the normal Pak128.Britain should be used with Simutrans-Standard.
■ ■ ■
Viz: The International Simutrans Forum > Language boards > CS - Česky (Czech) > Poradna  (Moderator: VS) > Topic: problem
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=494.70
Webová stránka "experimental.[ simutrans [dot] us (site down, do not visit) ]" nebyla nalezena.....  :question: Romik

The Hood

Romik, I'm afraid we don't understand Czech in the pak128.Britain board.  Could you please edit your post to provide a translation please?

That said, this seems to be about the download link, which doesn't appear to be working (at least not for me).

romik

Quote from: The Hood on March 26, 2010, 04:16:35 PM
Romik, I'm afraid we don't understand Czech in the pak128.Britain board.  Could you please edit your post to provide a translation please?

That said, this seems to be about the download link, which doesn't appear to be working (at least not for me).
ČESKY: Jelikož neumím moc dobře anglicky, tak jsem si to nechal přeložit 'Translatorem'. Snad se v tom přeloženém textu vyznáte. Romik
ANGLICKY: Since I do not know English very well, so I just let it translate 'Translator'. Perhaps in the translated text meaning. Romik

AvG

I tried to download the newest Makeobj via the appr. "here"-link.
However I have to login in a FTP-server. This does not accept my Simutrans username and code.
I am NOT familiar with these things!!
What is the right way to solve this matter?
AvG
Ad van Gerwen

inkelyad

DieselBarge bug: no "Small waterway" constraint  in boats/diesel-barge.dat
Rivers/channels are quite unusable now.

jamespetts

AvG,

thank you for pointing that out - link now corrected.

Inkelyad,

thank you for the report - that issue is fixed in the sources, and the fix will be applied from the next version onwards. Your feedback is most helpful!

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

inkelyad

"Small waterway" constrain bug common for all small boats/barges.

boats/dogger.dat
boats/norfolk-wherry.dat
boats/steam-barge.dat
boats/thames-sailing-barge.dat
boats/humber-keel.dat

jamespetts

Inkelyad,

thank you very much for pointing this out - I have fixed the errors in the sources and the fix will be applied in the next version.