News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

New DMUs and EMUs for Pak128

Started by Zeno, August 08, 2010, 05:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeno

I will try to paint several DMUs and EMUs for Pak128.

Here is the first one: the australian 2000 class railcar. It's a modern DMU available from 1980, consisting in front engine, passenger trailer and back engine. Only one front and back engines are allowed by trainset, but there can be added as many cars as wanted (with the obvious loose of acceleration and top speed).

You can see at my blog some pictures and screenshots, and it is available for download as addon here.

Sources will be released if ever included in Pak128, as always.
I hope you like it :)

Just added another one: The Burlington Pioneer Zephyr. This is an early american EMU, from 1934. It was able to run at the top speed of 181 km/h (outstanding for that era), and covered routes in half time than other trains. The train consisted in a head engine (very aerodynamic), a middle trailer and an observation car in the end.

You can see at my blog some pictures and screenshots, and it is available for download as addon here.

Václav

It looks great. It can be caused by shading and colouring but locomotive in the first picture seems be better shaped than on the second one.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Zeno

Another australian DMU: the 620 & 720 railcars. This is an australian DMU that has been running from 1961 to 2007. It was built using a mostly aluminium car body, and was capable of running at speeds over 110 km/h. There were built a total of 15 trainsets, being the last one scrapped in 2007.

Zeno

Yet another DMU: the australian CPH 'Tin Hares' motorcars. These were early diesel motorcar units (december 1923). There was not a lot of technical information available about them, so I used fictional values for most coding parameters.

Well, today there was a discount on DMUs, take two for the same price as one! ;D
Another australian passenger train: The Silver City Comet. It was a diesel powered passenger train built in 1937 that run in rural New South Wales, Australia, with special services to Sydney.

VS

Wow, I can see that the DMU-land is now densely populated again :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Zeno

Thanks for the praises guys. The diesel timeline looked like a gruyere cheese, so I felt some of these were needed :P

Well, the last DMU that I had in mind: the german DB ClassVT 10.5 trainset. These were two diesel fixed-length trainsets built by DB in 1953. There was a day train with 135 seats and a night train with about 40 beds.

zacharyramone

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Yes, unfortunately, since that post, I had to kill files.[ simutrans [dot] us (site down, do not visit) ] as it was a vector of attack used on the server.

Václav

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Zeno

Fixed all links. Report any problem here, please. Sorry for any inconvenience.

@VaclavMacurek: Yes, I thinked about it but I'm sorry I didn't include it in my to-do list.

waerth

All your downloads from telefonica unfortunately result in error. It goes for all of your beautifull work :(

W

Zeno

Thanks for the report, waerth. I changed my ISP so that links weren't working any more. I'm sorry I waited to the last day (as always!) to change it, now they are all fixed. Actually I redirected all to a new download page, I hope it's clear enough there.

waerth

greenling

Thank´s for the new modells
I Have parking the new modelles in my openpak128/pak128 set.
THe world of simutrans get collerfull.

greenling
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!