News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Choosing free runway

Started by Václav, April 06, 2010, 06:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

Some time ago (and I don't know how long time time ago; I think it was around version 99.17.1) planes could choose free runway, if any free one was, to land (or to take off). And then this was deleted.

I would like to see choosing free runway back in game - or to know: why it was deleted?

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

prissi

Václav

And will be? Ten planes waiting for free runway to they could land is not good situation. And many real airports have more than one runway prepared for landing (and also for taking off, of course).

prissi

Václav

--> 6.4. 2010:
I will try it ... but way written by yourself is crazy. So here it is very strong reason why to add choosing free runway.

--> Added 9.4. 2010:
Tested and runs quite good but only between lines; inside one line behaviour of planes is the the same - like if waypoints were not set

Related to nightly 3139: in many previous versions planes chose free loading place - but now they are going only to loading place set in line order - and when place is not available, planes are waiting on last tile in the front of loading place. So it is needed to reverse this change or add some signals similar to signals on rail.