News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Transfering features from experimental to standard

Started by Václav, April 08, 2010, 09:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

I understand reason of being of experimental and standard - and so I would like to ask this:

1. How fast (how frequently) are features from experimental transfered into standard?

2. Which features from experimental are planned to add standard for few following standard versions? Because I think that experimental should not be too far from standard - as it seems be now.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

vilvoh

I'm not a developer neither part of the dev team, but as far as I know, STE is in fact a fork of Simutrans, which means that although it shares common code with the standard branch, it's an independent project. In addition to that, I think that it's more likely to see features from ST in STE than STE features in ST. STE is more flexible and experimental in that sense. On the other hand, ST has a stronger compromise with stability and can't include radical changes in gameplay or graphic engine. That's the reason why STE exists, isn't it?

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

prissi

Vilvoh said most of it: Simutrans experimental exists since feature of standard have not been included there. What will come next in standard, you will find in the considered patch section.