News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Stuck on Exp-DRC 3 length-parameter

Started by AvG, April 10, 2010, 10:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AvG

I have problems with small early rail-vehicles.
Can't get them running in a nice "row".
I varied the lenght parameter between 1-8, but saw no influence.
Are there somewhere instructions for that matter?
AvG
Ad van Gerwen

jamespetts

AvG,

I have moved this post to the Pak128.Britain board, as this issue does not seem to be specific to Simutrans-Experimental, but rather is a Pak128.Britain issue. Can you post a screenshot to explain the problem that you are having with the vehicles? I must confess, I am not intimately familiar with the calibration of the length parameter (you should no longer mis-spell "length" as "lenght", as that has all been corrected in the source code in both Standard and Experimental) in paksets; when I produce vehicles for Pak128.Britain, I just adapt existing vehicles.

I don't know whether this is relevant to your particular problem or not, but there has recently been a change to the Simutrans graphics engine to reduce graphics errors: see here for details. It is currently available in the latest nightly builds of Simutrans-Standard, and should be incorporated in the next release (7.3) of Simutrans-Experimental.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

AvG

Hi James,
Thanks for the quick responses.
I checked the length-spelling in the dat-files and indeed : WRONG. Very, very stupid mistake.
Will have to redo the time-consuming trial-run I did before.
At the moment I am running the Exp6.6 complete, without any changes.
A train consisting of SDR "Locomotion" and and 3* LMR 4 Wheel Open Coach.
In S and W directions the distances between loc-coach and coach-coach are quite different from N and E directions.
In general it's not looking very beautifull.
Maybe I fall back to my old solution: Small wagons exist only in pairs of 2. Looks quite well.
Back to the trial runs.
AvG
Ad van Gerwen

jamespetts

Hmm. Not sure quite what's causing this. When I release 7.3 and 0.6, have another go and let me know whether it gets any better?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

AvG

Hi James,
Before I switch to 7.3, here a result of my latest experiment with the length parameter.
It is only the S-direction, but it is IMHO promissing.
Comments are welcome.
AvG
Ad van Gerwen

jamespetts

Ahh, that does indeed look correct! Are those your new vehicles for the Dutch pakset? They're quite a different style to the Pak128.Britain vehicles, but they look interesting all the same!