News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

AmigaOS 4 standard releases

Started by thematic, April 11, 2010, 01:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thematic

Hey,

Simutrans, using SDL, seems to compile very easily with the AmigaOS 4 SDK. I've built Simutrans 102.2 and just now 102.2.2. I inserted one clause in the SDL backend code. It is available here: http://aminet.net/package/game/strat/simutrans
"If I could discover just one of these things - what eternity is, for example - I wouldn't care if they did think I was crazy."

vilvoh

Great! there were people who had tested on Amiga some time ago but it's always better to have a regular release for each platform/architecture. Do you have any screenshot of the game running on AmigaOS 4? I would like to write something about this at the blog.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

thematic

I was going to make one in window mode, thanks for the reminder.

http://usera.ImageCave.com/fkstos/simutrans.jpg

jp: I've done that now, a bit of playtesting is in order.
"If I could discover just one of these things - what eternity is, for example - I wouldn't care if they did think I was crazy."

jamespetts

Any chance of trying Simutrans-Experimental, too...?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

vilvoh

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

thematic

thematic

There's a 111.2.1, yet I haven't been able to compile 112 versions (tried more than one). Here's what gcc has to say about it:

===> CXX dataobj/einstellungen.cc
In file included from dataobj/einstellungen.cc:15:
dataobj/../simtools.h:87: error: expected `)' before '/' token
gmake: *** [build/default/dataobj/einstellungen.o] Error 1

kierongreen

Not sure what the problem here is exactly :s

Line in question in latest svn seems perfectly innocent:

uint32 log2( uint32 i );

Have you tried compiling latest version from svn?

thematic

No, but the line is the same in 112.2. gcc is 4.2.4, although it will be updated Real Soon Now.

kierongreen

Ok - it's possible that it might be an error in the compiler then (given that gcc 4.2.4 is 5 years old). Can you try it with an older version of gcc?

thematic

No. On the other hand I had a cross-compiler at my disposal but updating the host OS "bricked" it (dll hell on Linux).

Ters

That error message only makes sense to me if uint32 (or far more unlikely i) is some kind of macro.