News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Bulid A Simple Railway System

Started by daffi, April 12, 2010, 07:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daffi

Simutrans is a fun simulator game. But sometime we got frustated by the stucked trains, caused by our mistakes, putting the wrong signal, building too many junctions with unproper signals. With a little experiment & some notes, I decide to make a model of a simple railway system to solve this little frustating problems. Here is the model, I hope this helpful. ;)

Lukewarm

It looks nice, I will have a "proper" look at it at lunchtime.

Herocrafter

Sorry this is a few months old thread but I'm looking at all the signal treads to help me.  Anyway, in your diagram you have 3 one-way signals going into the D1 platform is that right?
WE ARE
PENN STATE

Dwachs

Two signals are on the ingoing tracks, one at the outgoint track, if I interprete the picture correctly.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Herocrafter

I interprete the 3 circles on the ingoing track as 3 signals but irregardless of whether its 2 or 3 shouldn't there only be one?
WE ARE
PENN STATE

Lmallet

Quote from: Herocrafter on July 14, 2010, 05:41:43 PM
I interprete the 3 circles on the ingoing track as 3 signals but irregardless of whether its 2 or 3 shouldn't there only be one?
It depends on the situation.  Sometimes you want to add signals to allow trains to run closer to each other, thus allowing more trains on the same stretch.

Herocrafter

I agree with you Lmallet yet I don't believe that was the intent of the diagram.  Basically it just confuses me (which I know can be easy  ;D) showing that many signals on only that section of track.
WE ARE
PENN STATE

Lmallet

Quote from: Herocrafter on July 14, 2010, 06:02:53 PM
I agree with you Lmallet yet I don't believe that was the intent of the diagram.  Basically it just confuses me (which I know can be easy  ;D) showing that many signals on only that section of track.
Well, there is no scale, so it is hard to tell what the intent was.  So yes, a bit confusing.

stmaker

Can you tweak it a little? The picture looks confusing with all those lines. :P
Version using: Simutrans v111.0
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Using: Paint.NET, Paint, Photoshop, SketchUp
Future Addon(s): Building (Link)
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.