News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Help: Application Configuration Incorrect!

Started by mahala99, April 15, 2010, 07:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahala99

I have just 'rediscovered' Simutrans and have been playing version 100.0 with pak128, which I already had installed, for a few days.

Today I have tried to upgrade to the latest stable version by using the online installer.  I now get 'the application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect' message.  My installation is of 102.2.2 and is separate from the 100.0 version and has pak128 freeware and Pak128.Britain loaded with it. ???

Any help on making this new installation work would be appreciated!  :)

prissi

Is this a window message? Did you install the GDI version?

VS

I think it doesn't depend on pakset :(

Isn't there some way to tell details? Perhaps this could be due to missing dll. If you know whether the broken installation is gdi or sdl, that would help as that changes what dlls are needed...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

mahala99

I used the online installer.  There wasn't the option to choose either native (GDI?) or SDL.  I assume it was native; how do I tell?

Is there a list of files that constitute the different installations?

Thanks for all your comments so far.

mahala99

I have replaced the native simutrans.exe with the SDL version and added SDL.dll and it now works.

I just needed to be pointed in the right direction!  ;D

VS

Thanks for active approach to your problem :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

prissi

Did you just install it over an existing installation? Then Vista will restore your old version after install again. Check that the greeting message is really for 102.2.2.

mahala99

It is definitely 102.2.2 (see attached .jpg).

I am not sure I understand your point about Vista but I am running XP and the 102.2.2 version was a separate installation.