News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

First Version of Giant Prague map online

Started by MHD, April 15, 2010, 08:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MHD

Good evening,

the first version of the long-term announced Prague Map is online since today.

Link disabled, see below.

The readme-File can be downloaded separately to get an idea, screenshots are placed in the same thread above.

Greetings,

MHD

vilvoh

It's a huge map, very detailed...sometimes, too much detailed. Some areas have a spider web of roads, dirty paths and tracks. It's like a roads plague. Just one question, are you trying to reconstruct a Simutrans version of the real Prague city? if so, does it really have as many roads as your map? that would be crazy..  :o

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Combuijs

It's really an impressive map!!!

What I remember of the previous one is that for instance a bus line will plod along on sandy roads while there is an alternative faster asphalt road parallel to it. So, you must work with waypoints a lot to get the fastest (and more or less logical) route.

Still, it's well made!
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

MHD

First of all: The link above is no more working... take the direct one below

Download Prague

Unfortunately my provider closed the traffic ;D
so my only alternative is to host on rapidshare, sorry for that.

@vilvoh: I do not try to make a real map, this is indeed the real map of Prague and it does not miss a road nor has one road too much. Check the readme to learn more about the map...
Sometimes the resolution of 1 tile=25x25 metres leads to this spider web. Which crazy guy did construct the city, he should have known, that someone will try to put it into Simutrans  ;)

@Combuis: Thank you for the feedback. With the bus lines, it is the only way to be able to do it. But it is also a good example, that the vehicles are sometimes not calculating the fastest way.
When I play, then this was also my strategy to get rid of it.