News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

graphical glitches of the latest releases

Started by gauthier, April 18, 2010, 01:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gauthier

This glitch seems to be already fixed, deleting and rebuilding the station made it disappear :/

EDIT : it dissapeared since I removed stations underground ...

How to reproduce it :
1) build station underground
2) build station above it on the ground (if you have a 8/16 layouts station you will see it).

A schema :

____SSS____ (stations)
==SSSSSS== (underground)

The underground station must be longer than the overground one and the overground one must be built after the underground one. But this glitch also happen underground if you build the underground station shorter and after the overground one.

Dwachs

I see. However, this works as intended. Stations should show end-of-platform-picture if there is a halt on the next coordinate (on which height does not matter actually).
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

VS

I also think it should detect stations on same level, not on any... but I don't care much right now, anyway :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

gauthier

QuoteI also think it should detect stations on same level

That's what I said, isn't it ? ;)

There's still a tunnel problem in pak128, do you plan to fix it ?

VS

Which problem? I fixed the tunnel mouths earlier, unless there is some trick with texture Dwachs has planned, I can't do much...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

VS

Trees have been fixed. All of them. Ugh.

I had to make a program for that ;D

VS

Ok, ambiguous poles for wires also fixed...

gauthier

simply awesome, you're a genius :D
So I don't see any glitch currently, I'm going to investigate more and more ;)

VS

Thanks a lot, you're the bug reporter #1 ;D

gauthier

Some little things here.
From the first screenshot to the last :
_ Many glitches with trams.
_ The SBB IC2K is a bit hard to unlock ... (see intro date)
_ A harder problem : coasts. A possible solution : make the place where is the the water transparent on source picture, and display a normal water tile under the coast in the game.
_ When ctrl+click on multiple orientations station extension ...

offtopic : main pak128 is not more avaible on nightly simutrans site ... it disappeared ?

VS

#36 and #39 should be engine problems.

#37 is intended. You should not buy te vehicle, it is present for compatibility. There is no better way to make the it disappear :(

#38 can be hopefully fixed in pakset :)

Main pak128 is not in nightlies any more. (repeated maybe for 15th time)

Dwachs

Bug 36: after rotation such things can happen, should be correct, if the vehicles drive to the next tile.

As to the trams: does this happen with every type of tram/road vehicle? Or only for specific ones?

Could you please upload a small test savegame, where this happens? I do not have time to test myself.

VS

Here's another one... from me :o

Dwachs

#40: Hard to fix. At least the parts of the wire on the tunnel tile can hardly be surpressed :/

#36: Need a savegame.

gauthier

ultra-light savegame for #36 ;)

for #40
QuoteBut I had an idea to make all tunnels'entries glitches disappear easily.
Why not add a special color which would be put around the tunnel entry (in the source pictures) at the place of the slope, and in game this color would be drawn other every thing (catenaries, signals, vehicles, ...) and replaced by the normal slope picture ?
And the tile before should be drawn after the tunnel entry.

gauthier

New one ! The back bus is shown behind the back barrier of the level crossing and the front bus is shown before the front barrier of the level crossing.

Václav

And one glitch by me:

Strange cutting of border side of stations in underground - when station is close to slope.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Dwachs

Yes, also trains will be clipped at such a location.

On your screenshot, the sloped tile is in charge to draw the missing parts, but since this tile is not visible nothing is drawn. Hence, something is missing.

Václav

... oh ...

I forgot to write it is when sliced underground mode is used - but it seems you guessed it right.

Upper part is showing that glitch, lower part is showing full state (when underground is showed all).

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní