News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Compass (Rotate Map) tool with four orientations

Started by neroden, April 29, 2010, 02:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neroden

I apologize if this is already possible and just needs to be implemented in paks.  (If so please point me to exactly how to implement it in paks!)

The icon for the "rotate the map" tool at the top of the screen, in paks like pak128 anyway, has a pretty "N S E W" around a curved arrow.  But "N" is always at the top no matter what the rotation.

It would be very nice if four icons could be supplied for this, and the appropriate one used in each of the four orientations, so that you could actually know which way was "north".  Confusingly, the "rotate map" button appears to actually *rotate the world* rather than simply rotating the view of the world, which may make this rather harder, but there's got to be some way to do it.  A new map should have a standard orientation, and then each time it's rotated it should pick the appropriate rotation for the button icon.  (If there's only one such icon, it would default to the existing behavior.)

The icon might look like

WN
SE

in the "first" orientation,
and

SW
EN

When rotated 90 degrees to the right

prissi

see here: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=3044.0

I worked on, but it got delayed due to too much other stuff. But since this a one evening event, I may finish it this weekend.

skreyola

My offer still stands. If anyone wants to pick up that ball and run with it, PM me, and I'll send you the GIMP layered file for the compass rose.
--Skreyola
You can also help translate for your language with SimuTranslator.