News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

City Cars

Started by rfg123, April 18, 2010, 05:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rfg123

Hello everyone,

I have attempted to make a new city car, the AMC Delorean, made famous by the Back to the Future films.

No finished .pak yet because I am not sure how bad the alignment is or how to test a citycar.. So the source files are attached to this message if anyone can offer advice. I set the date from 1981-1989 so it is strictly a nostalgic 80s car, and in further reference to the movie the top speed is 88mph (141 k/h). :)

EDIT: Undergoing update.. Stay tuned for updated pak..

vilvoh

Quote from: rfg123 on April 18, 2010, 05:17:58 PM
No finished .pak yet because I am not sure how bad the alignment is or how to test a citycar..

just create the pak file using makeobj and move it into the pakset folder. To check the alignment, use this road vehicle template

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

rfg123

I watched it go around town for a while, and the alignment and size looks pretty good. I will have to clean up the graphics a little bit because some of the grays are special colors (oops!).

P.S. The .png attached to the first post is a 32 bit file, so do not try and make a .pak out of it without converting to 24 bit..

Zeno

Quote from: rfg123 on April 18, 2010, 05:17:58 PM
... made famous by the Back to the Future films.
Those films...

Btw, nice car, rfg123 :)

Gouv

Quote from: gauthier on April 18, 2010, 05:59:43 PM
nice ;) I love these films  ;D
same here. Is that the Version of the Car with built-in Fusion Reactor or whatever that thing was called? :D
Looks good, just to small to see any Details. I mean, I wish it could be bigger, not that it's to small for this pak.

sdog

QuoteI have attempted to make a new city car, the AMC Delorean, made famous by the Back to the Future films.

You need to let W Lindley know it! He needs to integrate it in his upcomming pak US, best as three sets: introduction date 1885 for a few days and 1955 for a few days. Would make an incredibly cool easteregg. (1955 would work for pak128 too)

Nissan_GTR

you mean this delorean?

rfg123

I need some opinions on scale for citycars and player vehicles. Attached is the image for a taxi I have been drawing that will also be a citycar (with different colors), does it appear much too large? Or is it just right? This will serve as the benchmark upon which all my vehicles will be based, so opinions are much needed..

wlindley

Quote from: sdog on May 23, 2010, 06:17:02 AM
pak.US, introduction date 1885 for a few days and 1955 for a few days.

Haha! 

Zeno

Quote from: rfg123 on August 22, 2010, 09:47:22 PM
I need some opinions on scale for citycars and player vehicles. (...) This will serve as the benchmark upon which all my vehicles will be based, so opinions are much needed..
At first sight it looks like a ~correct size. You might compare/put together it with the modern post vans in the pak, which will give you an accurate measure for it.