News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

icon size

Started by recycle85, August 18, 2010, 12:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

recycle85

I really need to have larger icons for trains, buses, boats.....

how do i got about doing that?

vilvoh

I guess you mean the menu and toolbar icons, don't you? As far as I know, you can't change the size of them. It's fixed and it's the same for all paksets. Which pakset are you using?

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

jonasbb

No, the size of menu and toolbar icons is not fixed. pak.Hajo exist with 3 different sizes.
But you have to redraw all icons, if you change this.

vilvoh

What's the max size? I guess you can make them smaller but not bigger...

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

mobo

standard size is 32*32

it can easily be changed in ...Simutrans\pak*\config\menuconf.tab

Looks like this.

icon_width = 32
icon_height = 32

You can change it, smaller or bigger - at least up to 64*64 i think, because this is how much empty space is beween them in the source graphics. But the graphics don't change, they either get cut off if you make it smaller, or get some blank-looking space in between if you set it higher. So buttons that really are bigger would need to be drawn first.

recycle85

i am using pak 128. How would i go about redrawing the graphics?

mobo

Well..

You need the source files, i dont know where to get them either, but it should be possible, maybe ask VS.

Then maybe start a "Project thread" and try to get some more people involved, since there's really a lot of buttons.

Decide what size you want, and design some "basic button" which will be the blueprint for all the new ones.

Then draw many buttons, change many dats probably.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

This might not be up to date, but this would cover most buttons, at least:

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=1442.msg41304#msg41304

It's 53MB download, though.

Fabio

I think redrawing most of icons in a much more consistent style could be a interesting option (look at Pak96)

It would be interesting to know which sizes players would like better...

Without wanting to interfere with recycle85's needs, i will move this topic to Pak128 board and add a poll.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I tend to use lots of add-ons. Until the day we get icons that can drop down a sub-menu on demand, I vote same size or smaller (which isn't an option).

Having open several toolbars + map + garage + industries already means I right-click to roll up to titlebar a lot... :)