News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Blender tutorial for Simutrans painters

Started by Zeno, April 26, 2010, 04:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeno

I've started a five chapter series of blender articles to teach Blender essentials for those Simutrans players that want to make their own graphics using 3D software. These articles will start with basics for newbies, and review all needed things people need to know about Blender to produce models that can be used to make Simutrans graphics.

Later on I will write more small articles explaining other techniques that can be applied to model construction, which may help any level Blender users to improve their knowledge about it. Anyway, I will try always to focus on Simutrans results, so don't expect a Blender handbook here.

I have started today with the most basic things to start with Blender, for those who aren't familiar with this application at all and want to get introduced to it. I hope you find it worthy :)

Blender articles:

Edit 28/04/2010: Added basic modelling tutorial
Edit 13/05/2010: Added advanced modelling tutorial I (loop subdivision)

vilvoh

The Why or why not blender article would be great for the wiki.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

vilvoh

Both tutorials have different goals. Zeno's shows the reasons why you should choose Blender to develop the objects for Simutrans and the one from the german wiki teaches you about the Simutrans master scene and some Blender & GIMP tricks related with front and back image. It's quite dense, but it has a lot of images and that always help to understand the concept.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Frank

I was more concerned that the pages are then linked linguistically

JPdude612

I've been using paint, I think I should switch sometime to a 3d modeler.
Yes, I am half Japanese.

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=5071.0 my hondajet