News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

I Search the Png and Datfiles from Pak128 Standart

Started by greenling, May 15, 2010, 06:32:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenling

Good morning
I Search the Pngfile and Datfile from Pak128.
It´s posibelle that´s i can have the Png and Datsfiles from older pak128 too ?
I get happy,then i get it!
I´m a Fan from Simutrans Since 0.80.XX.X.
Sorry for my bad Englisch it get rusty!
Greenling
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Václav

If I am not wrong, they are not public accessible. Ask for, for example, VS.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

greenling

VaclavMacurek thanks for the info how the paksetmananger it!

greenling
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

anuyahong

hello!

perfect timing!
just today i was wondering, if these files (at least partly) are avaiable. it would help us beginners very much to create own addons without inventing everything from the beginning.

i'm pretty sure, there are more of us interested in these information, so i'd appreciate any kind of hints here within the thread. :-)

thank you very much,
anuyahong

Václav

Quote from: anuyahong on May 16, 2010, 08:34:21 PM
just today i was wondering, if these files (at least partly) are avaiable.
Some ones are available on graphics.simutrans.com.

it would help us beginners very much to create own addons without inventing everything from the beginning.
I am worried about it is not as easy as you think. Using of already available sources as patterns for creation of own addons is good only for getting to know what you need to do.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

vilvoh

@greenling, anuyahong and other newbies: The best way to start developing stuff for Simutrans is first, take a look at the wiki, to learn how dat and png files work (types of objects, attributes, views, etc..) then check the tutorials section of the forum and finally get some image samples from graphics.simutrans.com (it has templates and real objects from several paksets)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

VS

Standard includes graphics that I won't share with just everyone... But there are source exports of open.

http://128.simutrans.com/download/128svn-export@827.7z

It's somewhat dated, but I can't do anything about that immediately (time!).

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

wernieman

Sorry, the PAK128 is NOT openSource and so we could not give everybody the sources ....

To solve the problem the Projekt openPAK128 was startet .....
I hope you understand my English

anuyahong

Quote from: VS on May 17, 2010, 08:32:09 AM
some good stuff

VS, thank you very much!  :-)
That was faster, more and better than everything expected.

As you know - as everyone elso who learned something in his life - an example always beats hours of theoretical studies.  :-)

Thank you very much,
t-tafkaa

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

grampybear

I too have asked the same question, why not use the fine buildings already in game. After many hours of trial and error I have modified a building into a factory. The file VS post earlier http://128.simutrans.com/download/128svn-export@827.7z is a great source of dat and png files for pak128 but you also need to be familiar with pakbuilder, pakhelper, and makeobj.
I have in my game PMFactory add-on from Pak128 Japanese which is a plastic model chain but I wanted something different as a model shop, attached is my modified dat and png files made from building now in game.

prissi

THis is actually a post office, if memeory servers me right.

grampybear

this could be true but in the vs I am using it is called Joes hobby shop, which makes it fitting for my use.original attached.

EDIT: I have also modified a city store (currently in game) to accept furniture, and by modifing "goods list" , electronics factory and a city store I have a computer chain. I am also working on several other modifications, these were planed for my own use but if someone wants copy of dat and png I will post them.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: VS on May 17, 2010, 08:32:09 AM
Standard includes graphics that I won't share with just everyone... But there are source exports of open.

http://128.simutrans.com/download/128svn-export@827.7z

It's somewhat dated, but I can't do anything about that immediately (time!).

Thank you for this link. I have felt the itch to try my hand at creating roads again, using what I've learned since my last time around... :)

greenling

Thank
I Have be get the PNG and Datfiles from pak128.
now can i beginning,to make a picturelist from all my pakfiles in 128 pixelles scale.
I hat fellowing pakset:Pak128;pak128.german;pak128.japan;pak128.britain;pak128.Czech;
A old pak128.nederland;A old pak128.usa and many Addon for pak128
Those all paksets and addon want i get to one big pakset with the name pak128.international .

greenling

Isaac Eiland-Hall

You should make each request in the proper place. However, paks are aligned differently - I think a mish-mash is not going to look at all the way you think.

But please bear in mind: If a pak-author doesn't give you their sources, that is completely and utterly their right.

DirrrtyDirk

Especially items from pak128.japan will not work with standard pak128... not to mention different balancing with goods definitions etc. - I doubt that this project of yours will work....

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

prissi

pak128.japan is GPL ... so there are sources, same for pak128.open source. There rest ist only as pak, and have sometimes quite different alignment.