News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Moscow metro celebrates 75th anniversary

Started by inkelyad, May 15, 2010, 05:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

Moscow metro stations are absolutely beautiful! they're true works of art. Several curious data about it:

QuoteOn all lines, travellers can determine the direction of the train by the gender of the announcer: on the ring line, a male voice indicates clockwise travel, and a female voice counter-clockwise. On the radial lines, travellers heading toward the centre of Moscow will hear male-voiced announcements, and travellers heading away will hear female-voiced announcements.

QuoteDuring the Siege of Moscow, in the autumn and winter of 1941, metro stations were used as air-raid shelters and the Council of Ministers moved its offices to the platforms of Mayakovskaya, where Stalin made public speeches on several occasions. Chistiye Prudy station was also walled off and the headquarters of the Air Defence installed there.

QuoteDeepest station   Park Pobedy (84 metres)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_Metro

I recommend two great books about Moscow metro: Metro 2033 and Metro 2034. Both are sci-fi novels but they reflect very well the atmosphere of the underground system.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

inkelyad

As official photographer russos (see first post) has access to off-limits part of Metro.

Construction sites 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
Depot, "carwash".
Ghost station.
Tunnels 1, 2, 3, 4.

idan44

Wow this is an art of work!

Too bad that the local "Metros" or however you call it are not ready in Israel...

I wonder why my teacher ( Russian. ) did not say anything about it...
When playing Simutrans, building a train or roads we must remember that Gilad can't do it for 4 years...

vilvoh

Maybe your teacher is not from Moscow, idan44.. :::)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

VS

Or he's not a transportation fan like we here are ;D

EDIT: oops, forgot one word there...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

idan44

She is a russian teacher not a teacher for russian. :S She is like 1.5 millions of russians in Israel... And she is not from a crazy place in ciberia...
When playing Simutrans, building a train or roads we must remember that Gilad can't do it for 4 years...

inkelyad