News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Citylist (in Croatian)

Started by phantom25, May 16, 2010, 03:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom25

After not being able to find the correct generic topic for this one, I will start a new one... Please move to something more appropiate, if possible.

After being revolted by the very poor quality of croatian material being available (althorough this language is supported now for ages in ST), finally, here is a croatian cities name file, for pak128, openpak128 (which is my favourite) or whatever pak. The list is gathered after consultation with some internet sources (e.g. Wikipedia etc.) and should possibly be every city in Croatia (excluding villages, which are much more)...
Some of you, who maybe made a vacation sometimes in the past in Croatia or near the Croatian Coast, maybe recognise one or another name.  ;D

It would be nice, if it would be included in next pak revisions...

One note thou: The city names are written without the specific croatian graphems, hence not ASCII codepage 852 or similar once used in ex.Yugoslavia . This is due the fact, ST does not very well handle international chars (and there has been codepage convention mixup regarding PC systems in the past), (especially croatian specific letters č,ć,š,ž,đ), which I noticed translating the GUI and the help texts...
Old ST Croatian GUI translation (lost to a mixup) of which I still happen own a copy had also only c,s,z & d instead of original č,ć,š,đ,ž

Václav

Dobro došli, phantom25,

I think that it would be good if you try to make citylist of your country also with special letters.

Czech citylist is written with czech special letters - and your native language (if it is croatian language) use the same character set as my native (Czech) language - it means Latin 2 (or also called ISO-8859-2).

So, simply write in Latin 2 and don't care of it any more. And by the way, I would like to play with citylist of Croatia and with its special letters.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Carl

Simutrans seems to be unable to deal with characters like 'č' and 'š' at all. Even if names are copied-and-pasted into the program, these are simply read as 'c' and 's'. Is there a reason for this?

Václav

... Dear Carlbaker, open citylist of czech towns in any simple text editor and you will see many towns with those letters (but it is needed to open it under latin 2) - and there is not problem with their displaying - if I switch into Czech language - but after switching into English language there is problem with those letters - like in else cases of conflict of character sets (because English language uses latin 1).

... and of course, this is possible obstacle for freeing citylists from game language - and choosing citylists separately of game language. But it is sad that extension request was laid to ice (forgotten) - here.

Carl

Aha -- I'd never thought about switching to Czech language to get these characters to display!

I note, however, that the same doesn't work for Croatian...

Václav

I guess it is for somebody did not know what character set to use for this language - and set wrong one for it.

VS

Ascii version of list (currently the only in existence) committed as r527. I'd welcome to have the list in UTF-8 as well, for later use (who knows?), so if you want to sink even more time into this... :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!