News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Can't start experimental 7.3 with pak.britain. Crash.

Started by tux., May 16, 2010, 03:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tux.

Hi,

after some years of more serious stuff I thought I could play Simutrans again. Downloaded ST 102, then experimental 7.3, installed everything, also unpacked the latest britain "experimental" pakset, started the executable, and:

Reproducible.
Any ideas?

???

Dwachs

Welcome ;)

As a workaround, maybe install pak128.Britain (non-experimental).

And copy the file pak128.Britain/config/menuconf.tab to the analogue directory below pakBritain-experimental.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

jamespetts

Tux - sorry that you're having problems. Did you also download all the configuration files?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

tux.

jamespetts

Did you get the Experimental configuration files...?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jamespetts

Hmm, this is odd, since this is a combination that has worked for others - it's bound to be an install error somewhere - but the question is where. Try reinstalling Pak128.Britain-Ex?

tux.

Reinstalling everything seems to have worked so far. (Seems like I overwrote some files, missed to create a subdirectory for the pakset or something.)
Anything special to help you test?

jamespetts

Reinstalling everything works in the sense that you can get it running now?

jamespetts

Excellent! Must have been an installation error. Glad that it's working for you now. Let me know what you think :-)

tux.

Seems so. :)
(Sorry for the confusion.  :-X)

First impression (never having played Britain in any version up to now): Looks well-thought and mature. :)
Quite confusing that some buildings look very similar, compared to "classic" paks, but this might be because I'm not used to it. Will play with it for some more days.

:D

jamespetts

Excellent! Let us know what you think when you have.

tux.

Played enough to say: Thank you for my new favorite pakset. :)

jamespetts

tux.