News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

1900 steam vehicle errors

Started by wlindley, May 28, 2010, 02:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wlindley

In 1900 there is a ThornycroftSteamMailVan (listed under Buses) but nothing to pull it, is there supposed to be a ThornycroftWagonMail ?

The ThornycroftSteamVanPiece and ThornycroftSteamVanCool trailers are listed under Trucks, and probably should be moved to Trailers.

You can take a HeavyRoadLocomotive, add a trailer or two, and then add one or two teams of horses to the rear, its that intentional?

jamespetts

WLindley,

these are issues with Pak128.Britain and are not specific to Simutrans-Experimental. I'll move this topic to the appropriate subforum.

The steam vans, incidentally, are trucks and not trailers because they have built in power sources: trailers are unpowered vehicles. That is why the "mail van" doesn't have anything to pull it: it pulls itself.

As to the adding things to the rear: that is not intentional - that needs to be fixed in Pak128.Britain (Standard as well as Experimental).
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

The Hood

The steam vans are self-powered, so they don't need anything to pull them.  I don't think there is a bug therefore?

Re being able to add horses on the back of a road train, I'm not sure why on earth you'd want to do that anyway given it reduces the speed allowed.  I'm not sure I need to ban every possible but completely pointless combination of vehicles using constraints.

wlindley

Right.  Not bugs.  Only problem was nut-behind-the-wheel.  :-[

VS

If you want to make a vehicle "forward only", use its [prev] constraint for itself or None - not the [next] constraint with all possible followers :D

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

jamespetts

Quote from: VS on May 31, 2010, 06:57:54 PM
If you want to make a vehicle "forward only", use its [prev] constraint for itself or None - not the [next] constraint with all possible followers :D

Yes, it would be helpful if horses were so encoded that it was not possible to put a cart before them...
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.