News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Industrial growth way too fast

Started by sanna, June 05, 2010, 08:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanna

Playing home built Sim Exp 8.1 with pak128.Britain-Ex (0.6?? - which there was a way to see that in game..) I get a new factory chain spawned _every_ month. I am not sure if it is the industry_increase_every that kicks in (currently I have it set to 7500, which is what default.sve sets it to) or if it is the "keep factory density at same level" that is malfunctioning... I have however not had a single factory close down. I started out with 4 factory chains and after 7 years this is what I have (I had intended to count how many factories.. but the list was too long...):

EDIT: OK, actually looking at the debug message (which I of course should have done prior to posting) seems to indicate that the problem arises from the lack of power plants in the pakset. I get the following output:
Message: fabrikbauer_t::increase_industry_density(): production of electricity/total electrical demand is 0/2998 (0 o/oo)
Message: fabrikbauer_t::get_random_consumer(): No suitable consumer found
<repeated a number of times>
Message: fabrikbauer_t::get_random_consumer(): consumer ClothesShop1840 found.
<followed by message concerning the build of the entire chain>

Which seems to me that the system is trying to fulfill the electricity demand, but fails and then reverts to building just anything....

Junna

I end up with something like this after 100 years or so (game slows down extremely every time it wants to build new industry as there is no space left).

Is there a way to disable all automatic industry construction?

jamespetts

Sanna,

ahh - thank you for spotting that one! The issue is that there are no power stations until the late 19th/early 20th century. In 8.0, new code was introduced to build new power stations whenever they were needed, but this causes the problem that you describe when there are no power stations at all. I shall have to introduce new code to check for this state of affairs and correct it. Thank you for the report!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.