News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

acceptable "goods" determination

Started by grampybear, June 05, 2010, 09:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grampybear

I am playing Pak128vs102.2.2 with the addition of papermill and forest saw mill calling for woodchips "goods"from pak128Britain and also PM factory and hobby shop from pak128Japanese calling for modelkit "goods.
Neither of these "goods" are on the Pak128 approved goods list but they work just fine, so my question, what determines usable goods name and how can new items be added? My goal is to create more inner city end users being supplied by large factories in the country side. Example, current electronics factory ships electronics to large dept store in big numbers but could it also ship just computers to a small store in the city?
If this is not the right forum for this issue please move. Thank you for your time.

VS

If you know how to make a factory into pak file, then you already know more than needed for goods :) Goods are pak-ed objects like everything else. From there it also logically follows that you can extend a pakset with new/addon goods types just like with houses etc... The only impossible action is that you can't "externally" modify a factory in an existing pak-file, so you'll always need new factories for new goods types.

obj=good
name=Sand
copyright=none
metric=tonnen
catg=2
value=34
speed_bonus=0
weight_per_unit=1000

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

grampybear

Thank you. Does that mean I can add "computers" as an additional output to electronics factory but I must change the name of the factory or can I just delete the original from the pak game and replace it with modified one? Also is necessary to have the end user added to pak game at same time to complete supply chain?

The Hood

@grampybear

simutrans places industry-chains from consumer down.  If you have no end-consumer, no chains of that industry will ever get generated.

grampybear

I have added outputgood[1]=computers to the electronics factory and changed its internal name to electronics factory2 to keep it separate from original also created an end user "computer store", when I try to start game I get message" unable to resolve "computers. What dis I miss?

DirrrtyDirk

You need to create a goods file for Computers as well. See VS' posting above (with the example of sand)

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

grampybear

now I got it.. Thank you all.

EDIT: suffering from severe brain cramp.. I have a"good dat file" now how do I get it into game as a Pak file? Also mine seems to be much larger than others in game.

grampybear

EDIT: suffering from severe brain cramp.. I have a"good dat file" now how do I get it into game as a Pak file? Also mine seems to be much larger than others in game.