News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

13 Age limit

Started by Maragil, June 16, 2010, 06:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maragil

Sorry, still 12 here- can't remember when I signed up - am I still allowed to stay here, just read the rules. I don't find myself a large nuisance,  but can I stay?

H./

IgorEliezer

Quote from: Maragil on June 16, 2010, 06:14:13 PMam I still allowed to stay here?

You are. :)

The forum rules say:

Quote2.   13 years-old is the minimum age required to become a member of community.

It's "to become", not "to be". You signed up on April 22, 2009; the new rules were adopted on February 20, 2010. The kids under the minimum age who signed before the new rules date are safe regarding the minimum age, but still must follow the rest of the rules because it's still applicable.

Or is it still needed to call an attorney? ;D

Maragil

Thanks Igor :) - doesn't matter much though - I'll be 13 in about 2 months!

H./

VS

I had a looong text written, but you know what? It was too long :P So instead here is the short version:

Some children are fine, some not. The bad ones matter more because they break things. Hence the age requirement. Second part is laws. Laws for internet still generally kind of suck.

Anyway, we're ok with you being around (and have been before). Nothing magical happens on your 13th birthday, so... :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

sdog

Maragil, reading your posts, i am really surprised you're only 12! Nothing different from any others here. I wouldn't be surprised if you were 14, but for a 12 year old you write pretty well. You even research the net quit well and post your sources. (I bet you even contribute to wikipedia already.)

Seems like it doesn't take a lot of years to become a real digital native.

ӔO

Aren't we all children anyways?
We're just playing with bigger toys :)

Simutrans is a nice and cheap alternative to setting up a lavish and large diorama train set.
that and you have no worries of being kicked out by spouses, relatives or friends for spending so much time and money on your hobby  :P
well okay, that last part isn't always true.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

Maragil

Quote from: sdog on June 16, 2010, 09:46:17 PM
(I bet you even contribute to wikipedia already.)

Check the SImutrans Experimental page on simutrans wiki(not the tikiwiki, hasn't been exported yet). Had to reformat that whole page :)

H./

Reddog785

Yay! I joined January 17th, so I can stay! No cops coming 'round my place :police:

IgorEliezer

No one is safe. What if our benevolent dictator thinks of otherwise and becomes less benevolent? ;D

nitromefan

I got the same question I'm only 10 now and i joined march 11 so am I allowed to stay?

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: nitromefan on July 24, 2010, 03:20:31 AM
I got the same question I'm only 10 now and i joined march 11 so am I allowed to stay?

Well, I will speak very frankly to you: Your posting style was causing problems; it was the basic reason for your move to here: We decided not to ban you for being below the age of 13, but rather keep you here in the Lounge for a while. :-) So no, there are no current plans to ban you, don't worry. :)

stmaker

Quote from: AEO on June 16, 2010, 10:43:04 PM
Aren't we all children anyways?
We're just playing with bigger toys :)

Hehe...
Version using: Simutrans v111.0
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Using: Paint.NET, Paint, Photoshop, SketchUp
Future Addon(s): Building (Link)
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

nitromefan

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on August 01, 2010, 03:25:24 AM
Well, I will speak very frankly to you: Your posting style was causing problems; it was the basic reason for your move to here: We decided not to ban you for being below the age of 13, but rather keep you here in the Lounge for a while. :-) So no, there are no current plans to ban you, don't worry. :)

Can you please explain how my posting style is causing problems. (The only thing i can think of is i saying that someone is wrong which i regret now. )

I was just thinking about it this evening.

Anyway i understand you limiting me anywayz.     

stmaker

Quote from: nitromefan on August 24, 2010, 09:00:17 AM

Can you please explain how my posting style is causing problems. (The only thing i can think of is i saying that someone is wrong which i regret now. )

How old are you since you are "limited"?
Version using: Simutrans v111.0
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Using: Paint.NET, Paint, Photoshop, SketchUp
Future Addon(s): Building (Link)
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: nitromefan on August 24, 2010, 09:00:17 AM

I'm not going to get into it because it doesn't matter - you're under the age limit anyway. The long and the short of it is that you didn't pass as an adult, though. With time, you'll be okay.

Quote from: STransMaker on August 24, 2010, 09:20:39 AM

Your answer is in his last post, four posts up.

Also, "limited" is definitely not a term we would prefer. The Lounge allows for relaxed rules, so it may be a trade-off, but definitely is better than other alternatives.

I would, in general, like to somewhat discourage in-depth discussion about the subject, as it can turn unnecessarily touchy.

nitromefan

Quote from: STransMaker on August 24, 2010, 09:20:39 AM

I was limited on the 29th of July i think