News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

(solved) annoying problem with powerlines.

Started by gauthier, October 01, 2008, 02:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gauthier

As said in the title, I have this problem :

prissi

DirrrtyDirk

As far as I can see, (from the depressed icon in the toolbar) he tried to build a transformer station but just a powerline was actually built.

But gauthier, please try to be a little more detailed than this, ok?  ;)

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

gauthier

Sorry  ::)

Yes, I want to build a transformer station and the game built a powerline  :-\

DirrrtyDirk

Now we could still use the version of both simutrans and pak128...  ;)

gauthier

QuoteNow we could still use the version of both simutrans and pak128...  Wink

Could you explain  :-[

DirrrtyDirk

The versions you used when you encountered the problem.  ::)

For example: simutrans nightly r2045 and pak128 nightly r160

BTW these should be part of all bug reports. And please, whenever possible, with the real version numbers instead of the popular "the latest".

DirrrtyDirk

Just tried with ST r2038 and pak128 r160* (you didn't say which one you used ::)) and it worked just as it's supposed to...

* I used the one from the nightly site, not self-paked from SVN (but that works also without problem...)

gauthier

could you give me a link beacause I can't find pak128 r160 (I found a pak128 on sourceforge but it doesn't say its release).

DirrrtyDirk

gauthier

I replaced the pak, new ground textures are nice but it didn't solved the problem. I built transformers in a first savegame but when I tried in a second one, the problem appears again.

DirrrtyDirk

Does it only happen in one particular savegame? Maybe that's broken somehow?

gauthier

It already appeared in the first savegame (wich one I built normally transformers after having replaced the pak) and in an other savegame so it's not proper to one savegame.

DirrrtyDirk

If it hadn't happened in r2038 already, I'd guess it's related to the same problem I have reported with vehicles (after r2040) but this... strange. I suspect a program bug at work here, but one that cannot be reproduced easily.

But just to make things clear: did you put your new pak128 into a clean new folder or do you just overwrite older stuff? (The latter method can cause many problems)

gauthier

I used the first method and added some addons :
_ Chrysler building
_ cheap power plant "wind kraft werk" and "solar kraft werk"
_ all the latest MLM dev.1 objects
_ joker roads (I thought joker roads could replace normal roads, I find strange that it haden't been made)

DirrrtyDirk

Hmmm... only one of these has something to do with powerlines... so have you tried without the cheap power set?

gauthier

yes, my savegames can't load :D

I will remove these power plants and try.

EDIT : it didn't fix the problem but ...
I'm allone to have this problem ???

DirrrtyDirk

Well... at least I cannot reproduce it.

So... what else could it be?

Oh wait! You changed your menuconf.tab for your maglev tools, right? Maybe something went wrong there?

Could you upload that file (either here, or maybe better at http://files.simutrans-germany.com)?

whoami

@gauthier: how do you call the two tools (powerline and generator/transformer) anyway - by icon or by shortcut key? (in addition to supplying the whole menuconf.tab).

gauthier

It can't be menuconf.tab because it sometimes works and often no.

I generally call the transformer by the shortcut key, the powerline shortcut key "l" doesn't work (maybe only in my game ?).

My menuconf.tab is already downloadable in MLM dev. topic ;)

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: gauthier on October 08, 2008, 03:30:56 PM
It can't be menuconf.tab because it sometimes works and often no.

Well, the error's got to be somewhere - so let's check that one, too, shall we?  ;)

Quote from: gauthier on October 08, 2008, 03:30:56 PM
the powerline shortcut key "l" doesn't work (maybe only in my game ?).

That won't work for anyone using your menuconf.tab since you haven't defined the key anywhere. You need to add this line to your special tools section:
toolbar[9][12]=general_tool[14],,l,128

:o NOW WAIT A MINUTE...

Could it be that you tried to build that transformer in pause mode? When I do that, instead of a transformer, only a power line is shown - until I unpause the game. Then it automatically changes into a transformer immediately.

gauthier

QuoteShocked NOW WAIT A MINUTE...

Could it be that you tried to build that transformer in pause mode? When I do that, instead of a transformer, only a power line is shown - until I unpause the game. Then it automatically changes into a transformer immediately.

I tested it and it's that  :-[

QuoteThat won't work for anyone using your menuconf.tab since you haven't defined the key anywhere. You need to add this line to your special tools section:

I didn't think that I changed it, thanks a lot for find it ;)

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: gauthier on October 08, 2008, 05:10:12 PM
I tested it and it's that  :-[

Dude, now you owe me one!  ;D

Quote from: gauthier on October 08, 2008, 05:10:12 PM
I didn't think that I changed it, thanks a lot for find it ;)

No, you didn't change it - it hadn't been included for a quite a while. But finally it was noticed (by whoami, I think), and when the entry was added to the regular menuconf.tab, you simply forgot to update yours as well. That's the problem with isolated files like this, unfortunately...