News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

[solved] Photoshop and makeobj... Transparency problem...

Started by Isaac Eiland-Hall, July 05, 2010, 03:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I'm working on new roads in Photoshop.

AFAICT, the RGB mask is 231,255,255. First, is that true?

If it is, I'm exporting as a png - no transparency, and here is the export: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=5473.new#new

But in the game, the icon and road tiles all have blue - like my color choice is off. I can provide a screenshot, but... imagine the 231,255,255 color is slightly off - that's what I get.

Here's the pak -- this is for pak128... NOTE: intro date of 1960

Any ideas?

mobo

231,255,255 is correct.

I remember that i also had some problems with night colors and photoshop (long ago), it seemed Photoshop slightly changed them while saving, so they didn't shine anymore in some cases - not every time. But i don't know how to fix that. I think i used that extra program (imageready?) that came with photoshop to save them, and it worked better.

VS

The file you have on website is totally clean regarding internals, but has DEFFFF as background. Something mangles your colour. I'd suggest checking stuff like "web safe colours" or "gamma corrections"...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Thank you for the leads - and I learned something that should be added to a tutorial or something...

In Photoshop CS5, you must uncheck "convert to sRGB" when exporting to png. (among other things, like of course unchecking transparency to make it 24-bit instead of 32-bit)

Now onward to fix the part I hate most: Pixels that don't quite line up. Meh.

Again, thanks for pointing me in the right direction! :)