News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Football World Cup Final (Spain - Netherlands)

Started by vilvoh, July 07, 2010, 08:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

Now that Spain has beaten Germany (1-0), I think it's a good time to remember that the 2010 Football World Cup Final will face Netherlands and Spain. Good luck for both! ...

PS: The match is on Sunday, 20:30.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Zeno

gauthier

I was supporting the German team :-[ they have really badly played this time ...

vilvoh

That's true. Actually, I considered them the best team of the tournament before this match, but Spain has played a great game. The score of the match has been short to the merits of Spain.

Combuijs

Well, I hope it will be a good final, with both teams playing at their best. Of course the Netherlands will win with a lucky goal...  ;)
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

sdog

I've been supporting spain, i had to count but at the end it turned out i have more spanish than german friends. Oh, and the spanish national anthem doesn't have lyrics, that's also something i value highly.

vilvoh

Quote from: sdog on July 07, 2010, 11:01:26 PM
Oh, and the spanish national anthem doesn't have lyrics, that's also something i value highly.

...That's because it is easier to sing when you're drunk during celebrations!...

DirrrtyDirk

Yes, Spain was the better team yesterday. They deserved to win. But I'm still proud of what the German team has shown during the tournament. We'll be back!  ;D

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Zeno

Sure, the German team has played an amazing world cup until yesterday, when I was a bit disappointed with their match. But you germans will come back with strength (you have a very young team!)... I hope we meet again in the Eurocup final 2012 ;)

Reddog785

Germany deserves lots of praise this tournament as with Argentina and Ghana. As for England and USA...WHAT THE FLIP GUYS?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Awful playing.

vilvoh

From my point of view, Argentina didn't played as good as it may seem. They have great players, specially the forwards  but the coach is not good enough. Maradona was a great player, maybe one of the best of all times, but he hasn't got enough coaching skills to take charge of the national team.

Reddog785

Quote from: vilvoh on July 09, 2010, 07:57:43 AM
From my point of view, Argentina didn't played as good as it may seem. They have great players, specially the forwards  but the coach is not good enough. Maradona was a great player, maybe one of the best of all times, but he hasn't got enough coaching skills to take charge of the national team.

Agreed. Like Fabio Capello. He was a great player for Italy.

Zeno

Oh, today Paul the octopus has emmited veredict! If he's right, we spanish will request this for our new flag: new spanish flag

KrazyJay

I'm grateful over here we believe in a magic psychic parrot (link)
Played Simutrans in:
~ The Netherlands ~ United Kingdom ~ Taiwan ~ Belgium ~

Simutrans player

AP

Quote from: Zeno on July 09, 2010, 07:25:02 PM
Oh, today Paul the octopus has emmited veredict! If he's right, we spanish will request this for our new flag: new spanish flag

He's only psychic for games involving Germany, though.

DirrrtyDirk

No, he has been right with other teams and games quite often. Actually, they said on the radio here, that the only he has been wrong, was with the final of Euro 2008. So maybe he's got a problem with finals...  :D

Zeno

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on July 10, 2010, 04:48:41 PM
So maybe he's got a problem with finals...  :D
I hope he's right this time... or he might get cooked!

Btw, good luck for the third place :)

DirrrtyDirk

He lives only 20 minutes from my place (different city though)... so we'll see in which restaurant he'll end up in...  ;D

MoTw

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on July 10, 2010, 05:10:03 PM
He lives only 20 minutes from my place (different city though)... so we'll see in which restaurant he'll end up in...  ;D

I can imagine the headline of several newspapers: "Paul the Octopus found dead next to Oberhausen Gasometer railway tracks" :D :D
There were several cartoons in my local newspaper that picked up this thought - one titled "The land of poets, thinkers and philosophers" and it showed a cow as an oracle and next to it the farmer who was interviewed by a TV-team. :D
What a hype...
world is like a parachute: it works better when it's open
whenever you feel lost and alone, always remember your calculator is something you can count on
pak96.comic addons

Caspercom

...Spain has won, no comment. :-X *hurries to profile page to remove signature bar*

60% of all people on forums have witty signatures. Copy this if you like cookies.

vilvoh

¡¡¡WEEEEEE AAAAARE THE CHAAAAAAAAMPIONS, MY FRIEND!!!

*vilvoh keeps on celebrating*

DirrrtyDirk

I didn't watch the game, but congratulations to Spain!

(and Paul was right again - so I'm waiting for the new flag to become official :) )

gauthier

1st : victory of Spain
2nd : Spanish car's horns everywhere here ...
3rd : police car's alarms  :-X
4th : I can go to bed only now -_- (good night)

oh and congrats to Spain ;)

Zeno

WooooOOOOOooooOOOOOooooorld champiooooOOOOoooOOOooons!!!!!!

Zeno

No, no holiday. Oh my... got to wake up at 6:45!! :o

* Zeno goes to sleep *

vilvoh

MoTw

Quote from: IgorTekton on July 12, 2010, 12:09:22 AM
We already have an octopus as president. ;D
:D :D

I didn't see the match either, but thanks to our neighbours I could hear when Spain went 1-0 and when they were finally Champion. And then those car horns! I never believed so many Spanish people were living around me :D
world is like a parachute: it works better when it's open
whenever you feel lost and alone, always remember your calculator is something you can count on
pak96.comic addons

KrazyJay

Congratulations Spain! I felt a bit embarrassed to be Dutch with all of their foul play, and feel satisfied the best team won. Well done!
Played Simutrans in:
~ The Netherlands ~ United Kingdom ~ Taiwan ~ Belgium ~

Simutrans player

mobo

Congratulations spain.

My personal opinion: The referree should have sent that dutchman out, who did this kung-fu-attack (don't know the name), then the spanish would most probably have won within the regular time, and we might have seen some more goals and less cards. I don't want to favor any of he two, but spain simply did a better job, and at least that one foul from netherlands was simply too rude.

vilvoh

Quote from: mobo on July 12, 2010, 10:05:26 AM
My personal opinion: The referree should have sent that dutchman out, who did this kung-fu-attack (don't know the name) [...]

His name is De Jong...

Caspercom

60% of all people on forums have witty signatures. Copy this if you like cookies.